The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel and Tank selection in fs2004

Hello All.

I have read most all the post on this site, one I found came close to an answer,but NOW I can't find it so.........

I am tring to set up my overhead panel, a B777, or any type twin JET in fs2004. I want to do this:

Tell FS that I have 4 tanks:

1) LMain

2) Rightmain

3) Center

4) aux

Read fuel flow from:

1) LMain

2) Rightmain

3) Center

4) aux

Select which tank I am getting fuel from:

Display this info.

I have tried these offsets

1) 0AF8

2) 205C

3) 3104

4) 3125

5) 3590

6) 3880

7) 3B98

only does 0AF8 seem to come close to what I want to,but then again that's why I am seeking help.

If I use 0AF8, I can sw ,from fs 2004 on the aircraft panel, (the fuel selector sw)

And read via FS Interrogate2std. the values of 14,1,15. so in my PGM I am writing, ((VB.NET 2010) (Pete) I am NOT asking about VB.NET I know you don't know it.))) I can read, in my pgm, that if 14 the left fule stops flowin from LMain, if I sw to center, Read 1 and my pgm shows fuel flow from both L and R Main. If I sw to right,value(15) I still see fuel flow from both L and R Main......So that is the Problem. I don't seem to be able to select which tank I am drawing fuel from. Now I realize that (14) and (15) are crossflow. and 1 is ALL. So I can change via my pgm and read via fs int. tank left, center,right, however I still get both fuel flows from both tanks in my pgm.

Any One got Any Ideas On how to do the above? Ron.

I have read most all the post on this site, one I found came close to an answer,but NOW I can't find it so.........

I am tring to set up my overhead panel, a B777, or any type twin JET in fs2004. I want to do this:

Tell FS that I have 4 tanks:

1) LMain

2) Rightmain

3) Center

4) aux

Isn't that determined by the design of the aircraft model, someplace in the Aircraft.CFG or even it's AIR file? I don't think you can change the tank configuration "on the fly".

Read fuel flow from:

1) LMain

2) Rightmain

3) Center

4) aux

FS only supplies fuel Flow values per engine, just like the instrumentation in the aircraft would do. If you want it by tank you'd need to sampel the fuel quantity at intervals and work it out by the changes.

Select which tank I am getting fuel from:

Display this info.

I have tried these offsets

1) 0AF8

2) 205C

3) 3104

4) 3125

5) 3590

6) 3880

7) 3B98

only does 0AF8 seem to come close to what I want to,but then again that's why I am seeking help.

Of those 205C is only readable, as it's the number of tanks in the aircraft, 3104, 3125 and 3B98 are fuel pumps which don't always or often actually enable or disable fuel flow in general -- engines will suck it out anyway or get it by gravity feed. 3590 gives the fuel valve states which are opened and closed by the engine starters, so they are engine-related not fuel tank related, 3880 is the same as 0AF8 (0AF8 is FS98 compatible, 3880 is, or rather waa (before FSX) the actual directly-accessed FS value).

If I use 0AF8, I can sw ,from fs 2004 on the aircraft panel, (the fuel selector sw)

And read via FS Interrogate2std. the values of 14,1,15. so in my PGM I am writing, ((VB.NET 2010) (Pete) I am NOT asking about VB.NET I know you don't know it.))) I can read, in my pgm, that if 14 the left fule stops flowin from LMain, if I sw to center, Read 1 and my pgm shows fuel flow from both L and R Main. If I sw to right,value(15) I still see fuel flow from both L and R Main......So that is the Problem. I don't seem to be able to select which tank I am drawing fuel from. Now I realize that (14) and (15) are crossflow. and 1 is ALL. So I can change via my pgm and read via fs int. tank left, center,right, however I still get both fuel flows from both tanks in my pgm.

I think the way fuel is used is controlled by the aircraft modelling. I really have no idea how to make FS do it the way you want it.

Any One got Any Ideas On how to do the above?

I use Project Magenta and other ancillary programs which control fuel extraction from different tanks by actually manipulating the amount of fuel in them. I added a small Lua plug-in also to use fuel from the Left tank when the APU is running (this is on a 737).

Try sophisticated aircraft models like the PMDG and LevelD ones. I'm sure they get it right. But I don't think the default aircraft do, not on their own at least.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete.

Isn't that determined by the design of the aircraft model, someplace in the Aircraft.CFG or even it's AIR file? I don't think you can change the tank configuration "on the fly".

Yes it is I have edited the cfg. and It shows up in the aircaft. That's Ok.

FS only supplies fuel Flow values per engine, just like the instrumentation in the aircraft would do. If you want it by tank you'd need to sampel the fuel quantity at intervals and work it out by the changes.

Ah Ha, perhaps that Is my error. I will work on this futher.

I think the way fuel is used is controlled by the aircraft modelling. I really have no idea how to make FS do it the way you want it.

Question then, Is it possiable to edit the aircraft model? Also what is a Lua Plugin?.

Try sophisticated aircraft models like the PMDG and LevelD ones. I'm sure they get it right. But I don't think the default aircraft do, not on their own at least.

I will look at a new B777 aircraft and try that as well, Thank you. Ron.

Question then, Is it possiable to edit the aircraft model?

Well, add-on aircraft makers do it, or at least create new ones, so I assume so, But I am not the person to ask I'm afraid. Try the aircraft making parts of the FS SDK.

Also what is a Lua Plugin?.

The Lua stuff is actually listed in the Installation guide document for FSUIPC. Look in the FSUIPC Documents folder, within the FS Modules folder. You'll find a package there. Alternatively check the Download Links and Documentation subforums here.

Regards

Pete

Look in the FSUIPC Documents folder, within the FS Modules folder. You'll find a package there.

Well try as I might, I don't see it there.

I open windows explorer, goto my fs9 folder open that, goto modules. I do see fsuipc.dll,fsuipc.key,fsuipc.log,fsui.dll and many other files but nothing about a fsuipc doc folder or file.

so this may sound dumb but I can't find any aircraft to buy or download such as the PSS B777, I find the web site but it has no mention on how to buy it or download it, same for some of the other sites, I know it's me but I don't find a way to get them. Do you or any one have a link to where I can buy a better aircraft? Ron.

Phoenix (PSS) has been dead for a long time. I believe you can still buy their FS9 products through JustFlight as boxed sets, but the download versions haven't been available for a long time.

Some of the Wilco/FeelThere products may well include the same functionality as is being discussed on this thread. The LevelD Sim B763 most certainly does. PMDG is another developer possibly worth looking at.

Ian P.

Well try as I might, I don't see it there.

I open windows explorer, goto my fs9 folder open that, goto modules. I do see fsuipc.dll,fsuipc.key,fsuipc.log,fsui.dll and many other files but nothing about a fsuipc doc folder or file.

Oh dear! :-(

What version of FSUIPC did you last install? Have you never actually run the installer? It is the installer which creates the FSUIPC Documents folder, and inside it it adds all of the documents -- the FSUIPC User Guide, the Advanced Users Guide, the list of FSUIPC controls, and the Lua package. Have you not even got the documentation? :-(

I respectfully suggest you go to the Schiratti site, download the FSUIPC ZIP and run the installer. I really cannot support old versions or versions not installed correctly.

Do you or any one have a link to where I can buy a better aircraft? Ron.

You can buy PMDG aircraft from lots of places. Try SimMarket and Aerosoft for two.

I've no idea whether PSS are still going. Sorry.

Pete

What version of FSUIPC did you last install? Have you never actually run the installer? It is the installer which creates the FSUIPC Documents folder, and inside it it adds all of the documents -- the FSUIPC User Guide, the Advanced Users Guide, the list of FSUIPC controls, and the Lua package. Have you not even got the documentation?

I am running ver.3.75 june 1 2007. I will check to see if latest. Yes, have run the installer,that's how I got it to work. No matter now as I did get a few B777 from Overland co. Simmers sky, the files were called FinalTorrent or somethig. I had to download pgm to open them but It did work. several hours but good to go now. And good news for a change, The new aricraft do support the proper fuel and my Pgm now shows RMAIN or LMANIN fuel flow. I can sw between them and my pgm displays this. and yes PSS is no longer. Thanks Pete, you are the smartest man I know. Ok problem solved, Back to programing. Ron. :rolleyes:

I am running ver.3.75 june 1 2007. I will check to see if latest. Yes, have run the installer,that's how I got it to work.

3.75 is very very old, and unsupported. I can't believe we've been exchanging all these messages and you've been running such an outdated version! And I think there was no installer in those days. I implemented the first installer of necessity for FSX and did it for FS9 afterwards because of problems otherwise with Vista and Windows 7.

Please don't come back with any further questions unless you update to 3.98 at least.

:-(

Pete

Please don't come back with any further questions unless you update to 3.98 at least.

Yes Sir. Ok I now have ver 3.98 and loaded. Now I see all we have spoken about. I am so sorry for my Bad.

Now, if you will, I have run into this problem. offset 0af8. If I send it a value of 3 I get the right tank. however if I send a value of 2 fs interrogate reports a 14. All other values I send are Ok. I don't see why value of 2 repoets a 14. Thanks, Ron.

PS. I am tring very hard to make this happen and I understand your flustrations with me.

Now, if you will, I have run into this problem. offset 0af8. If I send it a value of 3 I get the right tank. however if I send a value of 2 fs interrogate reports a 14. All other values I send are Ok. I don't see why value of 2 repoets a 14.

I've tried this on FS9 (first time I've loaded FS9 for many months!), and whilst this is certainly happening with, for example, the default 737, you can see from the crossfeed switch that value 1 sets crossfeed off, 2 sets crossfeed from right to left (the switch points to "right"), and 3 sets crossfeed from left to right (the switch points to "left"). I've no idea why it reports "14" for "crossfeed" only for right to left, sorry. If you actually use the switch with the mouse the values change to 15 (left), 1 (off) and 14 (right), so I'm guessing that, for this specific aircraft, 14, 1 and 15 are really the only valid values. If you use those instead of 2 and 3 then everything is consistent.

I think you have to experiment with each aircraft to see what it is capable of in this area, and use the appropriate values. Instead of experimenting writing, I think you'd be better off first just Monitoring the offset on screen whilst changing things using the specific aircraft panel. You can do this without FSInterrogate -- see the right-hand side of the Logging tab .

Regards

Pete