The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, Windows 7 64 Bit and FS9

Hello Peter, I am bothering you because I have a problem when trying to fly on line on IVAO it says that It can't load FSUIPC and certain features wont be available, I use ESET Smart Security 4 Suite and Ive tried about 4 or 5 diverent AV´s and no luck. I also tried it AV free and no luck. I am most certain that is a FSUIPC issue, because even AV free It can't load. Also I downloaded the last 3.99 version of FSUIPC, and have the same problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled fs9 addons and so, but stull no luck, even reistalled ivap 3 times and still the issue. I leave a Screen Shot for further information. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

IVAP-2.jpg

Hello Peter, I am bothering you because I have a problem when trying to fly on line on IVAO it says that It can't load FSUIPC and certain features wont be available

Other programs can't "load" FSUIPC, you have to install it before running FS. Is FSUIPC installed? Check the Modules menu -- I can't tell what your situation is at all from anything you've said or shown me.

I use ESET Smart Security 4 Suite and Ive tried about 4 or 5 diverent AV´s and no luck. I also tried it AV free and no luck.

Sorry, what have those programs got to do with it? Are you saying you can't even download FSUIPC?

I am most certain that is a FSUIPC issue, because even AV free It can't load. Also I downloaded the last 3.99 version of FSUIPC, and have the same problem.

Er, how can your "AV free" problem be an FSUIPC "issue"? How are they related? If you managed to download the FSUIPC ZIP file simply run the Install FSUIPC program you find inside it. There's even a document included to help you. Did you read that?

I also uninstalled and reinstalled fs9 addons and so, but stull no luck, even reistalled ivap 3 times and still the issue. I leave a Screen Shot for further information. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

I don't see how uninstalling anything else not related to FSUIPC can change anything. you simply need to install FSUIPC.

If there's something I you are not telling me, please don't hold it back -- but there is really no point in showing me a picture of FS with a message from IVAP. If there's an IVAP problem you'd need to ask them.

Regards

Pete

Other programs can't "load" FSUIPC, you have to install it before running FS. Is FSUIPC installed? Check the Modules menu -- I can't tell what your situation is at all from anything you've said or shown me.

Sorry, what have those programs got to do with it? Are you saying you can't even download FSUIPC?

Er, how can your "AV free" problem be an FSUIPC "issue"? How are they related? If you managed to download the FSUIPC ZIP file simply run the Install FSUIPC program you find inside it. There's even a document included to help you. Did you read that?

I don't see how uninstalling anything else not related to FSUIPC can change anything. you simply need to install FSUIPC.

If there's something I you are not telling me, please don't hold it back -- but there is really no point in showing me a picture of FS with a message from IVAP. If there's an IVAP problem you'd need to ask them.

Regards

Pete

Ok I think I didn't make my self clear. I have installed FSUIPC 3.99 and its in the modules folder, When I load IVAP I get the error message that Its in the picture, That's it. I gave as much information as I could, but I think it was for the worst.

Regards

Ok I think I didn't make my self clear. I have installed FSUIPC 3.99 and its in the modules folder, When I load IVAP I get the error message that Its in the picture, That's it.

Okay. So please check whether FSUIPC installed okay. To do this, run FS and go to the Modules menu entry, the right-most one as shown in the picture you posted. See if FSUIPC is listed in that menu, and if so click it so you can view the details. Does it come up with a dialogue and give the correct version, 3.99?

If that's okay, close down FS and look in the FS Modules folder. See if there's an FSUIPC.LOG file (it might just show "FSUIPC" as a "text file" if you''ve not done as suggested in the Installation document and changed your Explorer options). When you've found it, post is into a message here.

If it isn't okay I'd need to see the Install log instead, from the same folder.

I gave as much information as I could, but I think it was for the worst.

No, not for the "worst", it was just that none of that information was useful. I couldn't tell from what you said whether you couldn't download, couldn't install, or whether it was installed but not correctly, or installed correctly but not working.

Now you told me you think you installed it okay but Ivap simply cannot connect, then the information I'm now asking for should be sufficient -- for now. ;-)

Regards

Pete

Okay. So please check whether FSUIPC installed okay. To do this, run FS and go to the Modules menu entry, the right-most one as shown in the picture you posted. See if FSUIPC is listed in that menu, and if so click it so you can view the details. Does it come up with a dialogue and give the correct version, 3.99?

If that's okay, close down FS and look in the FS Modules folder. See if there's an FSUIPC.LOG file (it might just show "FSUIPC" as a "text file" if you''ve not done as suggested in the Installation document and changed your Explorer options). When you've found it, post is into a message here.

If it isn't okay I'd need to see the Install log instead, from the same folder.

No, not for the "worst", it was just that none of that information was useful. I couldn't tell from what you said whether you couldn't download, couldn't install, or whether it was installed but not correctly, or installed correctly but not working.

Now you told me you think you installed it okay but Ivap simply cannot connect, then the information I'm now asking for should be sufficient -- for now. ;-)

Regards

Pete

Here is the info you requested:

FSUIPC1.jpg

Here are the text from the files

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.99 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.DLL" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

1841 System time = 11/04/2011 10:28:55

1857 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

1857 System time = 11/04/2011 10:28:55, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

57003 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

57034 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

57222 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

68360 C:\Users\Tequihua\Documents\Archivos de Flight Simulator\Vuelo generado por la interfaz de usuario.flt

68875 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

70700 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

143506 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

184830 NWI weather clear actioned

184830 External weather discarded

230164 System time = 11/04/2011 10:32:43, FS2004 time = 10:31:05 (17:31Z)

230164 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 1022 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *****

Installer for FSUIPC.DLL version 3.99

Looking in registry for FS9.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS9 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... >>> OK! FOUND FS9! <<< ...

Looking in registry for FS8 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS7 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS6.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FS9:

EXE Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL

... Version 3.990 found.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL"

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FS2004 controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf" okay

FSUIPC.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration offers were declined

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Here are the text from the files

Everything looks fine, though could you double-check the last line in the FSUIPC.LOG file:

There should be more *'s on the right. Did you perhaps truncate the file a little when you pasted it? If those characters are genuinely missing it might indicated something wrong. I'd need to delve deeper than.

Otherwise, things look okay, so it is something to do with that "ivap" program. How are you starting that? Is it a separate program, or another DLL in the Modules folder? If it's a separate program then there's a possibility that you are running FS "as administrator" and ivap not, or vice versa. If you do that then they are probably being prevented from talking to each other by Windows as they are at different privilege levels.

The other possibility which occurs to me is that the error message from ivap does not actually mean it cannot link to FSUIPC, but that it cannot find the module itself. Maybe it does some sport of "is FSUIPC there" check. If so it may be getting defeated by Win7's habit of protecting all files stored in "Program Files". Because FS9 is not Win7 (or even Vista) aware, generally it is better to install it elsewhere, in its own dedicated folder. It makes life easier for third party add-ons, especially those which may also not be Win7/Vista aware. The same really applies to FSX for such add-ons, even though FSX is itself okay with Vista and Win7.

I think you might have to check with ivap support what they actually mean by that error message.

Regards

Pete

Everything looks fine, though could you double-check the last line in the FSUIPC.LOG file:

There should be more *'s on the right. Did you perhaps truncate the file a little when you pasted it? If those characters are genuinely missing it might indicated something wrong. I'd need to delve deeper than.

Otherwise, things look okay, so it is something to do with that "ivap" program. How are you starting that? Is it a separate program, or another DLL in the Modules folder? If it's a separate program then there's a possibility that you are running FS "as administrator" and ivap not, or vice versa. If you do that then they are probably being prevented from talking to each other by Windows as they are at different privilege levels.

The other possibility which occurs to me is that the error message from ivap does not actually mean it cannot link to FSUIPC, but that it cannot find the module itself. Maybe it does some sport of "is FSUIPC there" check. If so it may be getting defeated by Win7's habit of protecting all files stored in "Program Files". Because FS9 is not Win7 (or even Vista) aware, generally it is better to install it elsewhere, in its own dedicated folder. It makes life easier for third party add-ons, especially those which may also not be Win7/Vista aware. The same really applies to FSX for such add-ons, even though FSX is itself okay with Vista and Win7.

I think you might have to check with ivap support what they actually mean by that error message.

Regards

Pete

Well I've unchecked the Populate TCAS from FSUIPC option and SDK offsets and It Worked ! The Odd thing is that everything seems to be working, TCAS, SDK even if i switch frequencies and xdr on the aircraft IVAP recognizes them. really strange, well the good thing is that it now works, Thanks for all the help Pete.

Well I've unchecked the Populate TCAS from FSUIPC option and SDK offsets and It Worked !

I assume that is simply because that ivap program only uses FSUIPC for such things and nothing else?

The Odd thing is that everything seems to be working, TCAS, SDK even if i switch frequencies and xdr on the aircraft IVAP recognizes them. really strange, well the good thing is that it now works

Sounds like an incorrect or meaningless error in the first place then. I think you should contact them about it. Sorry I know nothing about that program at all.

Regards

Pete