The simFlight Network Forums

VRInsight Altitude Issues

I recently have purchased and installed the VRInsight MCP-Pro and have set it up to run with FSUIPC. I'm learning about how to use LUA's but am frustrated as can be with my altitude knob. I am trying to set up some functions with the QW757. I have set up a macro to read the LVAR's for the altitude selection and have assigned them to the altitude know, but when I use it, my altitudes are increasing in increments of 1 rather than 100 or 500. I've tried various combinations up to this point, but to no avail. Any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

I recently have purchased and installed the VRInsight MCP-Pro and have set it up to run with FSUIPC. I'm learning about how to use LUA's but am frustrated as can be with my altitude knob. I am trying to set up some functions with the QW757. I have set up a macro to read the LVAR's for the altitude selection and have assigned them to the altitude know, but when I use it, my altitudes are increasing in increments of 1 rather than 100 or 500. I've tried various combinations up to this point, but to no avail. Any thoughts/suggestions.

I don't know the aircraft, but there is no autopilot I know which hanbles altitudes in 1's, only 50's or 100's.

I can't really help much without seeing what you are doing. Why not post your Lua code or macro entries into a message so I can see?

Regards

Pete

So far, this is what I have created in my Macro for the 757.

[Macros]

1=L:thrust=toggle

2=L:hdg_sel_dir=cyclic

3=L:app=toggle

4=L:hdg_sel_dir_decr=cyclic

5=L:hdg_sel_dir_incr=toggle

6=L:hdg_clicked=toggle

7=L:hdg_hold=toggle

8=L:alt_hold=toggle

9=L:alt_clicked=toggle

10=L:alt_sel_num_decr=dec

11=L:alt_sel_num_inc=inc

12=L:alt_sel_num=inc

13=L:alt_sel_num=dec

The Autopilot normally deals with altitudes in 100's (left mouse click) and 500 (right mouse click), but when using the MCP alt know, it is increasing by 1's. I've tried, but can't create a mouse macro via FSUIPC. The other option was to use VRInsight's key installer, but the main panel has to be open for this to work (and I prefer flying in Virtual cockpit).

Any insight you have would be much appreciated!

Sterling

The Autopilot normally deals with altitudes in 100's (left mouse click) and 500 (right mouse click), but when using the MCP alt know, it is increasing by 1's. I've tried, but can't create a mouse macro via FSUIPC. The other option was to use VRInsight's key installer, but the main panel has to be open for this to work (and I prefer flying in Virtual cockpit).

I did an example Lua for the VRInsight MCP, for handling Mach settings as well as Knots and the changeover. Can you look at that and adapt it to deal with the altitude setting? It should be easy enough.

Currently I'm not really in a good position to help. Can you try asking for help with this over in the VRInsight forum? Rhere's some clever chaps doing things like that there.

If you haven't got anywhere by the first week in June, when I get back from holiday, get back to me and I'll see what I can do then. I should be able to set up an MCP here then so I can try things (but I don't have QW757).

Regards

Pete

Hi,

I assume we are talking about the VRInsight MCP Combo, right? If so I have connected pretty much all my aircraft via Lua scripting. I do not have the QW757 but it seems you have quite nicely established some L:Vars to go with your aircraft. It appears that the way you use inc and dec on L:alt_sel_num makes increases of one. Another way to deal with this could be to have the MCP trigger the normal altitude change via FS controls. This probably does not update the QW757 LVar so you would have to transfer the current value in the respective FSUIPC offset to your LVar. For this you can use an event handler in a small lua file that would need to be started when your QW757 is started.

The code could look like this (assuming the full altitude in feet is what needs to be put into the alt_sel_num variable:

qw757alt.lua: (do not include the ===)

================

function setAPALT(offset, value)

buffer = ipc.readUD(0x07D4)/65536*3.28

ipc.writeLvar("L:alt_sel_num", buffer)

end

event.offset(0x07D4, "UW", "setAPALT")

=================

You have to put the file in the modules folder and use fsuipc.ini to start up or program a key or whatever else. It will continue running and every time you modify the AP altitude setting via keys, clicks or by having the MCP make the change it will trigger, retrieve the value and write it complete into the LVar.

Now, I did this blindly - you might have to modify the logic to suite your aircraft. Hope it helps.

[EDIT by Pete: I've corrected the Event call for you -- you'd left it as 7CC and setAPHDG for a heading setting]

Kosta