The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight MESM with Level-D 767

Houphad

Hello Simmers,

This document explains the configuration of Go Flight Multi Engine Starter Module (GF-MESM) with Level-D 767 (LD767) using Lekseecon in FSUIPC mode.

This is my first contribution to the FS Community. Being my first and very simple script in my LUA learning curve, please feel free to add comments, suggestions or improvements.

Download Link: Configuring GF-MESM with Level-D 767 using Lekseecon in FSUIPC mode

Thanks,

Fouad

Edited by Houphad

I produced this document because of a problem I experienced in the GF-MESM. The problem was mainly that FSUIPC is unable to detect the GRD selection on the GF-MESM for some reason. FSUIPC can detect OFF, CONT & FLT selections

Sorry, but this is rather misleading and inaccurate. I can find no such problem here. I've just reconnected my MESM to check.

With both 4.70 and 3.99 and the latest GFDev.DLL,

LEFT GND = 166 button 0 released

LEFT OFF = 166 button 0 pressed

LEFT CONT = 166 button 1 pressed

LEFT FLT = 166 button 2 pressed

Similarly RIGHT settings are 5 released, 5 pressed, 6 pressed, 7 pressed.

I think what is confusing you is that FSUIPC's buttons programming page only reacts to an "off" to "on" change -- i.e. the "press". But the "on" to "off" change is also programmable there -- it is the part below where you say what to do on "release".

So all positions are programmable directly in FSUIPC as supplied. The switch is like an on-off switch but with one "off" position and 3 "on" positions, but all are equally detectable.

Of course, FSUIPC only reacts to CHANGES, so it won't see a static switch position. You can deal with that in a Lua program, of course.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for your comment and sorry about that statement. You are absolutely right. The problem as I mentioned is not accurate.

The first thing I did now is broke that pdf link :smile:

Infact, it is not really a problem its just a method I followed to configure the GF-MESM with Level-D. Here is the obstacle and better put it this way than a problem:

1- When you select the "OFF" on the MESM, FSUIPC detects it.

2- The action for the "OFF" pressed position will be setting the Lekseecon Offset corresponding to AUTO in Level-D

3- The action for the "OFF" released position will be clearing the Lekseecon Offset corresponding to AUTO in Level-D

4- The thing is you have to clear the AUTO offset before you set the GRD offset and once you do this (clear the AUTO offset) you are out of commands options because as I belive you are allowed only one command in the released position. Right? In my case I need to perform 2 actions, clear AUTO offset and set GRD offset.

5- Thats why I used LUA for the "OFF" button. In LUA you can write several commands in the selected and released positions of the joystick button. And thats how I operated the GND button on the MESM as I explained in my LUA scripts.

I think this clarified the issue more. Please let me know if you have other comments before I upload the revised PDF.

Cheers,

Fouad

Infact, it is not really a problem its just a method I followed to configure the GF-MESM with Level-D.

Yes, that's what I thought originally when you were posting in the main Forum.

4- The thing is you have to clear the AUTO offset before you set the GRD offset and once you do this (clear the AUTO offset) you are out of commands options because as I belive you are allowed only one command in the released position. Right? In my case I need to perform 2 actions, clear AUTO offset and set GRD offset.

Well, yes and no. The FSUIPC dialogue doesn't let you do multiple commands for one press or release, but you can easily add them in the INI file. There are lots of examples of that, including even conditional ones See the Advanced User's document for FSUIPC, Buttons section, and especially the part headed "Sequences, combinations and mixtures". All that's been in FSUIPC since very early days. Later things became a bit more sophisticated with Macros (another way to do it), and then of course Lua, but just basic two or three or more sequences of actions are pretty easy with a line or two in the INI file.

5- Thats why I used LUA for the "OFF" button. In LUA you can write several commands in the selected and released positions of the joystick button. And thats how I operated the GND button on the MESM as I explained in my LUA scripts.

I think this clarified the issue more. Please let me know if you have other comments before I upload the revised PDF.

I think a Lua plug-in is not an overkill, and may well be a good example for others and lead to more advanced things which do really justify using Lua in their own right. It's just that it isn't the most basic answer to the problem -- but an interesting alternative. Okay?

Regards

Pete

Well, yes and no. The FSUIPC dialogue doesn't let you do multiple commands for one press or release, but you can easily add them in the INI file. There are lots of examples of that, including even conditional ones See the Advanced User's document for FSUIPC, Buttons section, and especially the part headed "Sequences, combinations and mixtures". All that's been in FSUIPC since very early days. Later things became a bit more sophisticated with Macros (another way to do it), and then of course Lua, but just basic two or three or more sequences of actions are pretty easy with a line or two in the INI file.

Well, I guess I went to LUA before fully exploring FSUIPC's capabilities. I'm very new in the cockpit building. Thanks for that info; I will look into it later.

I think a Lua plug-in is not an overkill, and may well be a good example for others and lead to more advanced things which do really justify using Lua in their own right. It's just that it isn't the most basic answer to the problem -- but an interesting alternative. Okay?

So OK now? May I upload my method?

Thanks,

Fouad

• 2 months later...

Is this file still available somewhere else as the link above is broken? I just purchased the GF-MESM and wanted to use it for other twin engine jets, but the only actions available in the GF Config are Engine 1 OFF; Engine 1 ON; Engine 2 OFF etc.

Also when trying to use it in FSUIPC the center switch (LH - BOTH - RH) doesn't seem to be recognized correctly. From center position to left is recognized but from center to right is not but from right to center is.

Thanks

Alan

Is this file still available somewhere else as the link above is broken?

I can host it on the Forum if the originator has problems, but I don't have a copy either I'm afraid.

Also when trying to use it in FSUIPC the center switch (LH - BOTH - RH) doesn't seem to be recognized correctly. From center position to left is recognized but from center to right is not but from right to center is.

They are all recognised. Like all multi-position switches, one position is only "off". so you program that using the button "release" part of FSUIPC assignments. You are getting confused because the recognition system in the assignments needs an "off to on" transition. you don't get a different result going "on to off", it's just like taking your finger off a button.

I don't remember exactly with the MESM, but I think what you actually get is:

centre (both button numbers off) <--> Left (left button number on, right button number still off) and

centre (both button numbers off) <--> Right (right button number on, left button number still off)

which is quite logical when you think about it and allows you to do anything you like -- part of the benefits of being able to program "on" (press) and "off" (release) separately! ;-)

Pete

• 3 months later...

Is this file still available somewhere else as the link above is broken? I just purchased the GF-MESM and wanted to use it for other twin engine jets, but the only actions available in the GF Config are Engine 1 OFF; Engine 1 ON; Engine 2 OFF etc.

Thanks

Alan

Sorry Ive been out... I wonder why Im not getting emails for any activity here...

Anyway, if you still need the file just mail me fsafi@hotmail.com

Cheers,

By the way, Im trying now the GF-MESM with other planes like PMDG MD-11 / 747 and even the default ones on FS9. Nothing is working. I just managed to do it in the Level-D 767 because of the Lekseecon & offsets provided by Niko.

HouPHad