The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc4

fsuipc4 installed in map modules FSX,but trying to start FSX, FSX shuts down. After removing fsuipc4 FSX starts the usual way , but no map modules

uninstalled FSX and FSUIPC4 reinstalled both., same negative result.

pls help

fsuipc4 installed in map modules FSX,but trying to start FSX, FSX shuts down.

"Map modules". Sorry, what is that?

"Shuts down" where and how? No displays? No messages? After how many seconds? What happened last? I need a clue really.

It might just be the well known SimConnect "trust" bug. Is your FSX fully updated, to SP2 / Acceleration level? If not, that's the first thing to do, get FSX up to date. The SimConnect loader was much buggier in the earlier FSX versions.

All those who've experienced this SimConnect bug, and it isn't many, have eventually overcome it by persistence -- i.e. trying again and again to load FSX. It's a timing problem in FSX's part of the SimConnect module loading and checking routine, and being a timing bug it is critical on the timing of events in your PC. It was very likely to occur in the original FSX release, and Microsoft worked on it but were never able to fully fix it (part of the problem is in Windows itself, not under the FS team's control), but by SP2 (and Acceleration) it was reduced to "very unlikely".

Once it loads properly it will be okay. It's only the initial trust-checking which fails. When FSX has the correct Trust entry in its CFG file it works every time thereafter. Persistence pays.

Also, you must always please state version numbers. If not at least 4.70 please update first. I can't support old versions.

Regards

Pete

"Map modules". Sorry, what is that?

"Shuts down" where and how? No displays? No messages? After how many seconds? What happened last? I need a clue really.

It might just be the well known SimConnect "trust" bug. Is your FSX fully updated, to SP2 / Acceleration level? If not, that's the first thing to do, get FSX up to date. The SimConnect loader was much buggier in the earlier FSX versions.

All those who've experienced this SimConnect bug, and it isn't many, have eventually overcome it by persistence -- i.e. trying again and again to load FSX. It's a timing problem in FSX's part of the SimConnect module loading and checking routine, and being a timing bug it is critical on the timing of events in your PC. It was very likely to occur in the original FSX release, and Microsoft worked on it but were never able to fully fix it (part of the problem is in Windows itself, not under the FS team's control), but by SP2 (and Acceleration) it was reduced to "very unlikely".

Once it loads properly it will be okay. It's only the initial trust-checking which fails. When FSX has the correct Trust entry in its CFG file it works every time thereafter. Persistence pays.

Also, you must always please state version numbers. If not at least 4.70 please update first. I can't support old versions.

Regards

Pete

You are right, I should be more specific.

After a reinstall of FSX inclusive SP2 and reinstalling, after updating to FSUICP4.7, FSX did start untill fsx splashscreen appeared after a while it gave the message "MSFSX doesn't work anymore a solution is sought after and program will be closed."

In the folder "modules" in FSX in Program Files the following files were present :

FSUIPC4install

FSUIPC4key

FSUIPC4DLL

FSUIPC Documents

after removing these files FSX started without a problem.

I also followed your advice and started FSX several times without result.

I hope that persistence will pay.

Kind regards

Bert Ettema

In the folder "modules" in FSX in Program Files the following files were present :

FSUIPC4install

FSUIPC4key

FSUIPC4DLL

FSUIPC Documents

The fact that no INI or LOG file is produced indicates that FSUIPC4 isn't even getting loaded, so it certainly is the same SimConnect trust verification problem.

I also followed your advice and started FSX several times without result.

I hope that persistence will pay.

I hope so too -- it has for others. The bug in SimConnect is a timing thing.

If you have other add-ons being loaded by SimConnect, it might help to temporarily stop those loading so that SimConnect is only loading FSUIPC4. To do this you quickly you can go to the FSX CFG folder (the FSUIPC4 Install log will tell you where that is if you aren't sure), and temporarily rename the files DLL.XML and EXE.XML (the latter may not exist). Then re-run the FSUIPC4 install. It will make a DLL.XML with only it being loaded. If that gets FSUIPC4 loaded by FSX you can then close FSX and go back and restore the original XML files.

You could also try downloading FSUIPC4 version 4.705 (or later, depending when you look) from the Download Links subforum and putting it into the FSX Modules folder manually. Sometimes a slightly different signature helps with the odd difference in timing.

Regards

Pete

After several times I gave up. Would buying a new FSUIPC4 solve the problem?

No, it's a bug in SimConnect, in FSX. It's actually relatively rare (i.e. infrequent), so you are a bit unlucky. But I've never yet heard of any case where it isn't overcome either by simple persistence, or by ensuring nothing else is loading at the same time. Did you try that?

BTW, More details of the error you get might be useful. The usual one looks like this (the version number might be different of course):

FSUIPC4_error.jpg

With this, persistence is by clicking "Yes" each time, till it works okay. Then it is okay forever after. But, looking back, I see you described it like this:

FSX did start untill fsx splashscreen appeared after a while it gave the message "MSFSX doesn't work anymore a solution is sought after and program will be closed."

so what does your error actually show? Are there any details, or a button to click to get some? does it give any details in the Windows Event log?

It might be worth getting a SimConnect log -- there's an entry in the FAQ subforum about that. You can paste the log into a message here.

Please note that I am off on holiday after today (from 19th May to 1st June), so apologies for any delays in further replies.

Regards

Pete

As you said "persistance pays" is quite right.

I found the cause of my problem, the problem was not FSUIPC4, and here is a tip for future users with a FSUIPC4 problem.

Check after a reinstall of FSX if SP1 is installed, I tried to reinstall SP2 and got the message that SP! was not installed.

After reinstalling SP1 en than SP2 my problem was solved and without any problem FSX started inclusive the module containing FSUIPC4, so I could use FSC .

Pete many thanks for your help and wishing you a very pleasant holiday.

with the kindest regards

Bert Ettema

• 2 weeks later...