The simFlight Network Forums

Another key assignment query

Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

Venturing into the world of using FSUIPC to fully control my yoke and pedals for the first time after having owned FSUIPC for quite some time, back to the real early days :)

My CH yoke uses the 2 buttons on the left hand side of the yoke (the red ones) to cycle through the views - this emulates the the S key. I have checked the key assignments in FSX and S is assigned to View (next category). I can't see this option in the control list under Buttons + Switches - is it called something else, or am I in the wrong place?

thanks

Scott

You could just use the keys options on the opposite side of the page if you wish and send the key presses instead, just tick the keys box on the left instead of FS controls on the right.

The proper FS control names you are looking for are;

NEXT_VIEW 65827

PREV_VIEW 65828

NEXT_SUB_VIEW 66153

PREV_SUB_VIEW 66154

You will find a document called "List of FS Controls.PDF" that list every control available in the folder;

....Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ or similar for FS2004

edit: hmmm the sub view seems to work, kind of, but the next and previous views don't seem to do what I expected, the views don't cycle

Just caught this before departing on holiday.

If FS default keyboard shortcuts do something you want to program on a button, just enable Event logging in FSUIPC, use the keyboard short cut, and view the resulting event in the FSUIPC Log. It'll give you the correct name there. With FSX in windowed mode you can even use the FSUIPC console log option so you can see the results in real time, whilst you press the keys.

Regards

Pete

• 4 years later...

Just caught this before departing on holiday.

If FS default keyboard shortcuts do something you want to program on a button, just enable Event logging in FSUIPC, use the keyboard short cut, and view the resulting event in the FSUIPC Log. It'll give you the correct name there. With FSX in windowed mode you can even use the FSUIPC console log option so you can see the results in real time, whilst you press the keys.

Regards

Pete

Learned something new today Pete, long time user of FSUIPC registered version... Thanks again as always.

Robert