3 replies to this topic

#1 TBFSX

TBFSX

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

I recently bought my first 'upgrade' Airbus Evolution 2 after playing FS for several years. I am having trouble understanding the integration between this add-on and FSX. My main issue is how to make a flight plan on FSX and for it to load while using the add on aircraft. An error usually pops up indicating I need to install (& pay) for AIRCAR so that the flight plan can succesfully integrate however I am unsure of this software. I can input the flight data into the FMGC and fly a route however at the start of a flight the FSX ATC won't acknowledge any flight plan and essentially I have to fly VFR.

I am looking for anyone who has mastered this add-on and/or can give me some help and hints.

Your time is much appreciated!

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,280 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

That's correct, I believe. There is no way to import a plan directly from the FS flight planner into the Wilco FMC.

The trick is, as you have already discovered, to file the same plan in both the FS Flight Planner and Wilco FMC. What you do to the aircraft - the same as with other add-ons by Wilco, PMDG, Captain Sim or almost anyone who has an add-on FMC - will not be picked up by the FS system as they are entirely independent.

The big problem is that the MSFS navigation database is massively (<5 years) old and there have been a lot of changes made to airspace, navigational aids and airways since then. Therefore, a newer add-on will usually include a newer set of Navdata and the two will not match.

My personal solution to this is to use a flightplanner/routefinder such as Flightsim Commander, FSBuild (planners) or VRoute (routefinder) that is able to export to FS format. Once this is done, you can load the route instead of creating it using FS's badly incorrect database and follow the same route on both your aircraft and using FS ATC.

One exception to this is Aerosoft's A320 package, where the FMC directly reads the loaded FS ATC flight plan when it is created/loaded. Other add-ons can load FS plans, but many of them will then reject sections because the navaids don't exist in the newer database.

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 TBFSX

TBFSX

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Ian for clearing that up. I further add to that, how do I get rid of the AIRAC error message on start up. Is an AIRAC cycle an example of a flight planner/routefinder?

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,280 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hi again,

An AIRAC cycle is an update to the navigational database. Wilco, the same as most complex add-on developers and a number of flight planner developers, have a deal with a company called Navigraph to provide updates to their systems. The downside of this is that Navigraph is a commercial company and do charge for their service, because it costs them money to obtain the updated information.

I just investigated their prices, as my subscription has expired, and it is approximately €20 for an annual update (13 cycles). Their website is http://www.navigraph.com and they also offer a number of other products, as well as the Navdata.

There are numerous tools available to do these things, but if I list the ones that I use, it may be of use. Please understand that this is not an exhaustive list, however, and you may prefer other options - or not to use them at all!

For flight planning I use FS Commander: http://www.fscommander.com/ - that is downloadable as a trial package which is fully functional for a limited period of time each use. It also incorporates a number of other features, as well as flight planning. One very useful feature of this is an ability to save directly to FS Flight Plan format, which bypasses the out of date FSX default navdata, by just using more up-to-date information to create the plan.

As a routefinder, in case someone has done it before and thus saves me having to do the planning myself, I use VRoute (http://www.vroute.net/) - this is actually designed for use with the VATSIM on-line flying system, so has a number of features that are only of use to VATSIM pilots, but it is free to use in its basic form and has a very large (and ever expanding) route collection.

FS Commander, like the Wilco aircraft (and lots of others such as LDS, PMDG, Captain Sim, for example) uses Navigraph for Navdata updates. If you do subscribe to Navigraph, it means that all these packages use the same NavData and avoid the problems you have experienced. Vroute gets its Navdata updates from a different source, which is free. However you need to be careful there if you use that and don't update your other add-ons as well, because you are liable to end up with differences again.

Sorry that's probably not the answer you wanted, but it's the way it works, unfortunately!

Ian P.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket