The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG NGX GoFlight EFIS and MCP PRO partial interface

Steve38

** EDIT 29/12/2011**

Ignore this thread, please use http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69443-goflight-efis-and-mcp-pro-full-interface-for-pmdg-ngx/

** END EDIT **

Download the LUA file and installation readme here: http://library.avsim...9&CatID=fsxutil

--- OLD POST --

The enclosed LUA file provides a full implementation of the Go Flight EFIS and a partial implementation of the Go Flight MCP PRO for use with the PMDG NGX. With no SDK from PMDG and only partial access to the aircraft gauge information via FSUIPC/LUA I'm limited with what I can do with the autopilot. Until Go Flight produce something, this is a useful interium solution.

All the autopilot buttons, toggle switches and dials work. Course 1 and 2 will display and the A/T FD1 and FD2 lights will work. I cannot reliably display button lights or display IAS, VS, ALTITUDE or HEADING.

The EFIS is fully operational. Note the following:

FPV has a dual use:

- Press and hold for FPV

- Press and release for CTR

MTRS has a dual use:

- Press and hold for MTRS

- Press and release for TFC

MINS dial:

- Turn for inner (smaller) dial

- Push/Hold and Turn for outer (larger) dial

BARO dial:

- Turn for inner (smaller) dial

- Push/Hold and Turn for outer (larger) dial

RANGE selector:

- will display from 10 to 640 (not enough options on the hardware)

- Changing the line EFIS640 = 1 in the code to 0 will allow the range from 5 to 320

The MCP PRO ALTITUDE Dial push button maps to TO/GO and pushing the HEADING Dial will toggle the ability to use the dial between angle change and heading change (don't push and hold as per the EFIS dials).

** INSTALLATION **

1) Ensure no assigmments for the NGX in fsuipc or Gfconfig for the EFIS or MCP PRO that will clash (other aircraft specific assignments are OK).

2) If you haven't done so already, create an NGX configuration on GFConfig and set the MCP PRO to "compatiable addon".

3) Copy the file called NGX_AUTO.LUA (download the file from avsim here: http://library.avsim...9&CatID=fsxutil) into the modules directory in your main FSX directory.

4) Add (or update) the following sections to FSUIPC.INI stored in the modules directory

[Auto.PMDG 737]

1=Lua NGX_AUTO

[Auto.Boeing 737]

1=Lua NGX_AUTO

5) Add/change the setting "ShortAircraftNameOk" in the [general] section of fsuipc.ini to Yes.

6) Load FSX and select the NGX. Once loaded, the LUA script should run automatically.

Thanks for this but can't seem to get it to work. Have the MCP Pro by itself and the displays all just have dashes through them. None of the switches work. Thought it may be FSLabs addon for the MCP for the Queen getting in the way but I removed it and no luck. My MCP is working because putting it in FS Compat mode FSUIPC sees all the button presses.

Any ideas?

Thanks for this but can't seem to get it to work. Have the MCP Pro by itself and the displays all just have dashes through them. None of the switches work. Thought it may be FSLabs addon for the MCP for the Queen getting in the way but I removed it and no luck. My MCP is working because putting it in FS Compat mode FSUIPC sees all the button presses.

Any ideas?

Sounds like it isn't autostarting. Try assigning the lua script to a joystick button so you can manually start it.

Thats what I thought. This is my first time with lua scripts and I can't seem to find how to assign it to a key at the moment. :???:

In fsuipc, button assignments. Click your joystick button and then tick FS Control. In the pulldown list below the tick box, scroll down to the lua commands and look for Lua NGX_AUTO. If you can't see it in the list, you haven't created the lua file properly.

I'm replying from my phone so can't be more specific or post a picture. I will do if you still need help when I'm back at my PC.

Best wishes

Steve

Thats what I thought. This is my first time with lua scripts and I can't seem to find how to assign it to a key at the moment. :???:

A user at the PMDG forum identified a typo I made that is stopping it autostarting. I've updated installation action number 4. Follow that and all should be OK.

It works now, Thanks.

Still have the same problem I have had since I brought it in that it keeps locking up (the actual hardware) usually when moving the course selector but on some of the other number selectors as well. NIce hardware but these lockups really annoy me as it requires power down of the unit and restart of FSX to get it going.

For me, the rotary dials on the EFIS do not function as they should. When I checked the NGX_AUTO.log I am seeing this message repeatedly .

266294 *** LUA Error: ...es\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\NGX_AUTO.lua:462: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'B' (a nil value)

Any thoughts? I haven't a clue how to program using LUA.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks Steve,

I followed the install directions and the speed, altitude and heading controls work fine. The MCPPro buttons do not work including heading FLCH, etc. Also the range control on the EFIS are inop. I can set baro and minimums but no range and map controls.

What should I look at?

Additionally, how do I disable usb2 supports.

Thanks again?

It appears that the problems people are experiencing with this is due to the cut and paste of the script not working correctly.

I will post the file onto avsim shortly, however in the meantime if you PM me your email address I will send the file to you.

Best wishes

Steve

I have removed the code form this post since it is now available on avsim.

http://library.avsim...3&CatID=fsxutil

Best wishes

Steve

dear steve.,

thanks for your works of art, the script works 90%, it a best solution for us before goflight or PMDG release their promise sdk.

but i have one problem that the ias/mach, heading, altitude, vertical speed display all goes blank.

hope there is solution soon.

i am using fsx sp2

goflight driver 2.02

win7 64 bit

multimonitor 2560x1024

thx

I have just uploaded a new version (0.03) of the LUA file on Avsim. It is available here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=161429&CatID=fsxutil

It provides the following:

-Added support for the FO's EFIS on a second GoFlight EFIS (thanks to Jim Blake for testing).

-Fixed FO's MTRS bug

-Added timer to update AT disarm/arm so that the light will go out if AT is automatically disarmed.

-Added CANCElMOUSEKEY constant to enable/disable sending SPACE for cancelling mouse pointer display.

-Fixed out of sync toggle switches and dials if set to ON when loading plane

Best wishes

Steve

• 6 months later...

can anyone tell me how create an NGX configuration for GFConfig i can find anything show you how

Run the Goflight program called GFConfig.exe. Click on the EFIS and MCP/MCP PRO to set the options as defined in the readme file. Then click File, Save Configuration As and then save it with a filename something like PMDG NGX.gfc

GFConfig remembers the last configuration file you created/loaded, so all you need to do is ensure that if you have loaded or created another configuation file after creating the PMDG NGX file, load up GFConfig and click File, Load Configuation and pick the PMDG NGX configuration file.

Best wishes

Steve