#1 Abhi Kumar Das

Abhi Kumar Das

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hello All,

As i am a new member of simflight network, and out of curiosity after reading forums about the FSX and FS2004 i want to know that how and in what tool the environment is created.

As currently i am working in CAE SIMULATION as an VISUAL database developer and i create and integrate both the the 2d and 3d elements present in the airport and the surrounding area to be used in FULL FLIGHT SIMULATOR, and want to know that the method is similar to what i do.

Please feel free to ask if anyone have any doubt.

Thanks
Abhi

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,281 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hello Abhi,

The visual models are designed in failry standard poly-bending tools: 3dStudioMAX and Gmax. There are others, such as FSDS and people are using Google Sketchup plus a conversaion tool, but the standards are the two Max packages.

Once developed, the objects are placed and airports built using either a text editor and XML if you are slightly insane, or for most of us an airport editing tool such as Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) which is free to use and actually quite powerful.

Terrain is best edited using a shareware tool called SBuilderX, although that cannot actually edit the mesh, just place "flatten" polygons to adjust it. There are mesh adjustment tools available, though.

I hope that helps a little and welcome to the forums!

Best regards,

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 Abhi Kumar Das

Abhi Kumar Das

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hello Ian,

Thanks a lot for the reply for my curiosity, its really helpful for me to understand the other ways of creating the VISUALS. But are this visuals are Geospecific, like the RUNWAY threshold coordinated and the TERRAIN HEIGHT which are very important in my case.

I use mainly Presagis CREATOR for developing all the feature you mentioned.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks
Abhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket