The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Multipanel in FSUIPC

Is there a way to get rid of the Saitek multipanel driver and take control of the multipanel in FSUIPC? It is not listed as a joystick in FSUIPC.INI. It unpredictably turns off such things as speed hold when I move a rotary.

Sorry, i don't know anything about the panel. I assume their driver is the part interfacing to FSUIPC, so if you remove that you aren't left with much. If it is a standard USB HID device, like the GoFlight devices, it would be possible to program it using the COM and HID facilities in the FSUIPC Lua libraries -- you could run HidScanner to see what that tells you. You can get that in this thread in the Download Links subforum: Latest Lua Package. But you'd need to write your own Lua program that way.

Alternatively, search out a program called SPAD ("Saitek Panels Advanced Driver") which might handle it. Google should find it for you.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, i don't know anything about the panel. I assume their driver is the part interfacing to FSUIPC, so if you remove that you aren't left with much. If it is a standard USB HID device, like the GoFlight devices, it would be possible to program it using the COM and HID facilities in the FSUIPC Lua libraries -- you could run HidScanner to see what that tells you. You can get that in this thread in the Download Links subforum: Latest Lua Package. But you'd need to write your own Lua program that way.

Alternatively, search out a program called SPAD ("Saitek Panels Advanced Driver") which might handle it. Google should find it for you.

Regards

Pete

Yes, I have SPAD but it has its own problems in interfacing to the Saitek gear and is not supported. But I suppose I could get a FSUIPC log of events that occur when buttons on the Saitek gear are pressed with SPAD in control. I think I know enough about FSUIPC now to find out what is going on. Does this sound workable? thanks!

Yes, I have SPAD but it has its own problems in interfacing to the Saitek gear and is not supported. But I suppose I could get a FSUIPC log of events that occur when buttons on the Saitek gear are pressed with SPAD in control. I think I know enough about FSUIPC now to find out what is going on. Does this sound workable? thanks!

Yes. If you want help interpreting the Log, show me the bits and I'll try.

Pete

Yes. If you want help interpreting the Log, show me the bits and I'll try.

Pete

I couldn't see the Saitek panel in FSUIPC but I think I found the problem: I was running both the Saitek driver and SPAD at the same time, and SPAD was set up incorrectly. I'll try it for a while before doing anything more. Thanks for the offer of help.