The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Jetliner and PMDG 737NGX

Hi

I have read that there are issues with PFC serial based hardware and the PMDG 737NGX which I have just installed so i am working through the issues from other threads.

I am using 4.361 and 4.727 with the jeliner console and Jetliner Yoke running through a dedictated serial port ( I bought a PCI serial port card as on Pete's suggestion I was having troubles with the cheaper usb convertors).

My issues I need some help on are follows:

1)On the PFC driver console page I select the jetliner console and press ok and the driver screen parameter page closes. When I then go back in it has defaulted back to the Cirrus II console and it seems there is no way for me to get the driver to keep my selected option of the Jetliner Console.

2)I am trying to use FSUIPC to setup my quadrant and the first step is to disable the quadrant in the PFC driver page "quadrants" by unchecking the Quadrant enabled box so I can use FSUipc to calibrate. Again when I press ok and exit when I open it up again the box is rechecked.

Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Stephen

1)On the PFC driver console page I select the jetliner console and press ok and the driver screen parameter page closes. When I then go back in it has defaulted back to the Cirrus II console and it seems there is no way for me to get the driver to keep my selected option of the Jetliner Console.

It sounds like you haven't actually ticked that setting as being usable, or you have the cirrus console selected elsewhere. Have you only just acquired the JetLiner? Else, how have you managed before -- and what does this have to do with the PMDG addon?

2)I am trying to use FSUIPC to setup my quadrant and the first step is to disable the quadrant in the PFC driver page "quadrants" by unchecking the Quadrant enabled box so I can use FSUipc to calibrate. Again when I press ok and exit when I open it up again the box is rechecked.

Which "quadrant enabled" box? I'm lost.

I need to know a bit more. Are you only just starting out with PFC equipmernt? If so, i suspect you need to sort things out BEFORE trying a complex add-on like the PMDG aircraft. If not, can you tell me wehat you've been using before? The PFC driver is designed to be automatic as much as possible, but it sounds as if you have prior selections overriding all else.

Regards

Pete

It sounds like you haven't actually ticked that setting as being usable, or you have the cirrus console selected elsewhere. Have you only just acquired the JetLiner? Else, how have you managed before -- and what does this have to do with the PMDG addon?

Hi Pete, I have hd the Jetliner Console for years but I have only used it with default FSX aircraft. The jetliner I have has the JET 737NG throttle with TOGA and AT buttons. I have also just upgraded to Windows 7 from XP so I have done a complete reinstall of FSX and all the drivers ect. I have never had this issue before with the console defaulting back to the cirrus from the jetliner before maybe I thought it was PMDG NGX related but now I have noticed its the same with FSX default aircraft. It can't be set to the Jetliner Console in the Console TAB on the PFC driver menu (rather it wont keep that setting after you exit). I am not aware of the Jetliner Console in any other part of the PFC Driver menu.

Which "quadrant enabled" box? I'm lost.

I need to know a bit more. Are you only just starting out with PFC equipmernt? If so, i suspect you need to sort things out BEFORE trying a complex add-on like the PMDG aircraft. If not, can you tell me wehat you've been using before? The PFC driver is designed to be automatic as much as possible, but it sounds as if you have prior selections overriding all else.

The box I mean is in the PFC Driver menu which is called the "Quadrants" Tab. There is a tick box called " Quadrant Enabled" which when I untick it and exit the PFC driver menu it is back ticked when I open the menu up after i have pressed ok and exited. I refre to my first issue anagin and note I have been just using the default a/c with FSX for years but under XP.

Regards

Pete

I have hd the Jetliner Console for years but I have only used it with default FSX aircraft. The jetliner I have has the JET 737NG throttle with TOGA and AT buttons.

So you have had the PFC driver set for that console before, not the Cirrus which you say is selected now?

I have never had this issue before with the console defaulting back to the cirrus from the jetliner before maybe I thought it was PMDG NGX related but now I have noticed its the same with FSX default aircraft. It can't be set to the Jetliner Console in the Console TAB on the PFC driver menu (rather it wont keep that setting after you exit).

Can you check the PFCFSX.INI file inthe modules folder for being marked "read only"? Is it getting updated when you change the console selection?

In the consoles tab, you can actually have both Cirrus and Jetliner console selections both enabled -- the driver then accepts codes which emanate from both. If they are both still checked then all that is happening is that it displays the Cirrus one first because it happens to be first. If you only want the 737NG selection then you uncheck the Cirrus one as well as checking the 737NG one.

The box I mean is in the PFC Driver menu which is called the "Quadrants" Tab. There is a tick box called " Quadrant Enabled" which when I untick it and exit the PFC driver menu it is back ticked when I open the menu up after i have pressed ok

Are you checking another when unchecking that? At least one must be checked or it will automatically re-select the most suitable. If you want no assignments then enable a blank User config.

and exited. I refre to my first issue anagin and note I have been just using the default a/c with FSX for years but under XP.

The operating system you use makes no difference at all to this program.

Regards

Pete