The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Wishes for new airports/ major changes

Dear friends, the world changes since FSX release, completely new airports get built, others have major updates like a new runway. MyTraffic tries to follow this development with the limited ressources available. Please use this topic to collect those airports that you consider to be important and missing, or important and in need of major changes.

Please do as follow. Use one reply per airport, and in your request please point to links of good documents about this airport, which contain maps and as much inforation as possible.

Dear friends, the world changes since FSX release, completely new airports get built, others have major updates like a new runway. MyTraffic tries to follow this development with the limited ressources available. Please use this topic to collect those airports that you consider to be important and missing, or important and in need of major changes.

Please do as follow. Use one reply per airport, and in your request please point to links of good documents about this airport, which contain maps and as much inforation as possible.

Hi Burkhard

Here is a request for new airport Kobe RJBE Japan

see link http://www.opennav.com/airport/RJBE

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Airport

Hope this helps

Ed

New runway at EDDF would be nice :wink:

That is very easy to fullfill now :lol:

There is a general problem with EDDF layout for FSX AI traffic logic, though.

New 7l/26R is landing only, and no problem at all.

18 is departure only.

New now is 7C/26C departure only, 7R/26L landing only - and this does not work in FSX.

The start locations of the 7C/26C both are nearer to practically ALL parking positions than the 18, so 80% of the departures go over the C and only few over the 18. As consequence, aircraft that land on the 7R/26L never can cross the C - and are killed after some time.

Even if I change the c to be landing - then the aircraft initially can taxi to the gate, but big clouds of aircraft that want to cross the C then pile up and a big congestions closes both main runways after 15 minutes or so. Anybody who has some skills with ADE wants to experiment with it to find the best solution?

I've tried and not fathomed it yet. I think you need to add an area of terrain mesh, rather than just having the flatten, but the tools that I tried to make mesh with were... well. Failure is too polite. Far too polite.

Ian P.

What is the real world runway ops for EDDF? If 7C/25C is active for takeoff only and AI landing 7R/25L are landing and unable to cross 7C/25C there are a couple of work arounds.

The preferred fix for FSX would be similar to KLAS. In that example 7L/25R is set for takeoff only. When AI land on 7R/25L there are three "diamond" crossings that allow AI to cross 7L/25R without regard to whether 7L/25R is locked. In this regard you could add two or three "overlay" or "diamond" crossings to EDDF that would serve the same purpose. The drawback is that AI would be crossing the active runway. Careful placement of the crossings will help to minimize this effect. I think it's a better option compared to the "piling" up effect.

The other option would be to clip (close) the inner exits and force AI down the runway to exits that do not cross the active. The drawback here is longer taxi time to the end of the runway, which could result in more "go-arounds" on 7R/25L.

I also noticed from the bgl that 7C/25C is missing all approaches. I'm assuming this was by design? If it's used for takeoff only then it doesn't matter.

I've never created an Island, but this discussion may be of some help. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9161

That's exactly what I tried before, kagazi, with exactly the same result as I have had every other time I have tried to "create" an island where there isn't one in the default mesh...

Welcome to "zero island" (so called because it is at 0N/S, 0E/W, off the African coast...) - the landclass is "forest park", chosen to differentiate it from the default desert/beach texture and show that the landclass is actually being picked up.

failisle.jpg

Note, of interest, the nice wake behind the seaplane as it lands on the... green water?!?

The island, as always, looks very nice, but the underlying surface isn't "hardened", it's water.

Ian P.

About FALE, there is no airport chart on the internet currently, at least I find none? Do you have access to one?

a good chart gives a good airport, it contains details like taxi way names, exact dimensions, and with taxiway names you can place the taxiway signs. So it is worth to search for one. Google gives some references to http://www.caa.co.za/resource%20center/AIP's/Charts/S032-10%20Charts/FALE_AD-01.pdf but I cannot access this.

i cant acess it either, i was searching for one in files i had but its gone long ago, if i can find one ill attach one

Hi, I have some more airports that need a change.

Tokyo Haneda RJTT - new runway on a new island

Osaka Kansai RJBB - new runway

Kobe RJBE - new airport on a new island

Incheon RKSI - new runway

Beijing ZBAA - new runway

Shanghai ZSPD - new runway

Shanghai ZSSS - new runway

In addition to the upper link I have also another description of how to create a new island:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120027&postcount=4

Thanks, especially the last I still had a problem, the rest of Kobe I made but did not like my island....

Nice little airport, can be seen in Google Earth in operation, Charts available on the net, what do you want more for a nice evening?

Still do not succeed with the islands, whatever I try they don't show up but spoil the entire region. Maybe will try to make them like an aircraft carrier instead...

Kobe island, or Indonesian islands?

The big problem I found with islands wasn't creating them (once I'd fathomed the issue with landclass...) but the fact that they tended to be flat as a pancake and I couldn't find a program that actually worked, with instructions, to allow me to create a mesh for them.

A hardened model may actually be the best idea, for a small island, at least.

Ian P.

Creation of an island in the middle of the ocean is a simple thing maybe, but these airports are all in extremly complex shore areas, with hundreds of bays and islands.

The new terminal in Frankfurt is expected to open in 2014. If EDDB opens before that date remains to be seen, every day now new details that most items are far from complete, and this was known siince month, and the responsibles have lied knowing the facts since long, creating millions of unnecessary costs... LH has proposed to open now for the winter schedule beginning of November, which would be too late for version 5.4b.