The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Wishes for new airports/ major changes

It's an airport bgl, so yes the MyTraffic\scenery folder is fine, or any other scenery folder unless you have another instance of the airport installed.

I think I speak for most of the US, how about an updated KMSP or KMCO.  These are two very popular airports and major hubs that coulduse a facelift.  KMSP was once the HQ for the now-defund Northwest Airlines.

What do you mean with sparse. Airport modifications by an AI addon can not go beyond creation of new runwys and major Taxiways, so if you want buildings etc. please supply an enhanced Version and I'm willing to include it.

Best a bgl file ;) If not a chart that goes beyond the one I used for the massive airport update that is included in MyTraffic.

The default KMSP not only has more included structures than most commercial airports in the FS world, but it also has numerous custom structures... A luxury reserved for a tiny minority of global airports, usually at those serving capital cities!

After visiting a heck of a lot of default commercial airports with <10 parking spots and one or two stock default terminal buildings with maybe one or two jetways, I'd hardly call MSP "sparse". To be honest, if you want more than the default provides, you're looking a custom payware airport, not an addition to an AI package.

Just the opinion of someone who spends a lot of time looking at how to improve default airports. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Closing on the next version, please post any wishes about airport modification immediately... The more precise your wishes, the bigger the chances...

It would be great if we can get traffic to the new Berlin Brandenburg airport (EDDB).

I know its not open yet, but many people use the new Mega Airport.

This would also mean no more traffic on Tegel.

There is AI traffic in EDDB - all that flies there today and some more - and I'm very sure many users are against an artifical closure of EDDT.

If mainline traffic switches from EDDT to EDDB, so will automatically MyTraffic - provided this ever happens which is by no means likely. 

There are no static aircraft on any airport, but in the desert - static aircraft are a waste of valuable apron space - therefore I consider static aircraft on a non storage airfield as a very severe design bug. And why, as long as they do not move they don't save a single CPU tick... 

If I want "static" aircraft, I just set them up as AI and only make them do a couple of quick touch and go flights in the middle of the night.

Burkhard: Some situations where aircraft are either all-up or all-down, such as my early 1940s airfields, you want a few to be down and not moving. It's not "bad design", it's realistic in some environments. Not everyone uses AI purely in a modern commercial airfield environment where the gates are used to their maximum for financial reasons!

Cheers,

Ian P.