The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Wishes for new airports/ major changes

If you use fourth party airports, everything that happens ther is coded in the airport, so you do not need this file. This said, testing MyTraffic with FSX, FSX SE, P3D, P3D V2 and P3D V2, unde Windows 7 and Windows 8, is far beyond anything that can be done, I will never test any fourth party addon.

I've never heard of the term "Fourth party airports". I guess you mean freeware ones. If that's the case then it sounds as though MTX will not be compatible with it. Pity. :(

By "fourth party", Burkhard means that he doesn't test every add-on by every other developer (i.e. he's the third party, anyone else is a fourth party involved in the situation).

If the freeware Doha comes with modified coastlines, then you don't need Burkhard's files at all. If it doesn't, then you'll need the CVX file, which will contain the coastlines, but not the "main" AFD file, provided that the freeware Doha comes with an AFD capable of handling the required amount of traffic.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks Ian. Yes, it makes sense. The freeware Doha did include a modified coastline as it looks like it's been built from reclaimed land.

The best way is to try it I suppose. I need to configure MTX to redirect all traffic from OTBD to OTHH. Is there a tutorial on how than can be done?

Well, I use fourth party because yiu are first, I'm second, and the third party always is Microsoft resp. Lockheed Martin. So anybodyelse is an additional party.

For the moment I recommend to edit MyCommercialRoutes.dat with Notepad, and exchange OTBD by OTHH, then save and compile.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Burkhard. Makes perfect sense now that you explain it. I shall edit,save and recompile that file as you suggest. :)

Might need to refer to the manual. I'm sure it's covered.

Here's what I did this morning...

Used Notepad to edit mycommercialroutes.dat and replaced all instances of OTBD with OTHH. Saved and exited.

Opened MyTraffic X Communicator and from the menu chose Configure My Traffic... Rebuild MyTraffic Aircraft, scenery and schedules.

During this process I received the following message... An24MX.exe has stopped working. I chose Cancel and the process continued and then ended.

However, if I then check the date last modified for mycommercialroutes.dat it has been changed to 05/11/2013.

I have the Autumn 2012 schedule active.

So, 2 problems to sort out. How can I resolve the corrupted An24MX.exe and how do I get my OTHH change compiled?

I really would appreciate some help with this. There are 17 instances of mycommercialroutes.dat within the MTX folder structure. Which one do I edit?

I'm running the Autumn 2012 schedule so edited mycommercialroutes.dat in the MT_Plans\2012 folder. But this still results in mycommercialroutes.dat in the scenery folder having a modified date of 5/11/2013.

There is also the problem of the failure of An24MX.exe. How can that be solved please?

I've decided to drop the freeware OTHH scenery package but I still require an answer to the problem with the failure of An24MX.exe when compiling.

Presumably there is still support for MTX?

Why on earth do you run the rebuild aircraft function without removing all aircraft first?

What you want to do is to compile new schedules, MyTrafficCommercial.dat comes for ever year in the time machine, so I assume you want to take the one from 2012 or 2013?

Perhaps I missed the instruction in the manual to remove all aircraft first. No matter. I have chosen the 2012 Autumn schedule and everything is fine now. I guess I'm never going to see an Antonov. I'll check the manual again to resolve that issue.

If you were away for personal reasons it would be helpful to be aware of that. Maybe a forum announcement?

An expectation of a response faster than within 3 working days I consider unrealistic. Usual response times I get from professional software service (National Instruments comes to my mind) are 10 to 15 working days.

Hi,

I got a question. I have taxi2gate OTHH airport. If I purchase my traffic 6, do I have to do anything to make ai appear there?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Christian,

Thanks, one question answered/solved. I have some more. Description says that developer has added some new fsx airports that did not exist before. Will I be able to chose which one to install or not? I have some freeware which I'm happy with.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom.

You cannot disable the installation of the new airports in a classic way. Which should say they are all installed automatically.

As MT6 should be blow your Addons in the scenery libary there normally should be no problem.

But as MT6 is bgl-based you are able to disable these airports manually by changing file-extensions from ".bgl" to ".off" if there is a problem.

Kind regards

Christian

Dear Burkhard,

This is KLIA2 (WMKK) New Terminal Charts : http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip%20pdf%20new/AIP%20SUPP/AIPSUPP%20201410.pdf

KLIA2 Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klia2

More info : http://www.klia2.info/ http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?m=airport&aid=2

Unfortunately, still not yet in Google Earth.

I'll check often, once already in Google Earth, I'll update to you.

Thank you. 

Dear Burchard,

I just check Google Earth, KLIA 2 (WMKK New Terminal) already in Google Earth.

Thank you.

I will look into this later this years, once the more Basic questions are solved, thanks for the update.

Hello, i bought this product for the first time. Thanks for that. There are good and bad things about it. For now, i´ll make this request:

- Gol Linhas Aereas in Brazil operates most with 737-800 with winglets (Boeing 738 NyPaint50) but i can´t see ANY of them even with 100% traffic and in the most busy airports in Brazil, SBSP and SBGR. Where are they? Please put this in the "to do" list for the next patch.

- I´d like to see comemorative paints too in the future and plane codes in the paints.

Thanks.

Thanks for your major update:).

I was happier with low resultions models because of the oom problems on major hubs like EKCH (FlyTampa) but this is of topic. 

Please consider for your first 6.0 patch, no Air Berlin Planes on the EDDB Airport. At the moment MyTraffic generates a couple of them. The Air Berlin move to EDDB will be maybe in the next century when they gonna finish the "New Berlin Brandenburg Airport".

Futhermore the german airline Tuifly changend as same as the other airliners of the Tui group their livery to blue.

One small wish from me (apologies for being late to the party ...):

Would you consider using my updated BGL's for EGCD, EGGP and EGNM instead of yours? I have trimmed a lot of stock navaids from these 3 BGL's that really had nothing to do there.

I'll attach my updated files if I can (zipped), looks like it will take two posts. I have compiled them to work in both FSX and P3D. They are meant to replace yours as a simple drop-in-and-replace, so I used identical names.

Cheers,

JP

BR2_EGCD.zipBR2_EGGP.zip

Edited by Penz

Ouch, I can't post EGNM because of the 20KB limit, can I upload it to you somewhere else Burkhard?

Hmm, maybe this link to my upload in the original discussion at fsdeveloper works: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/attachments/br2_egnm-bgl.18910/

If you want the ADE source files, please just say so, I'll be more than happy to provide them to you. :)

- JP

Edited by Penz

FSX/P3D do not support registration decals for AI, so the number painted would not be the number used, that is the reason to ommit it. Yes, the ADE sources would be very welcome, since with every new schedule many airports need rework, thanks for your help.

Yes, the ADE sources would be very welcome, since with every new schedule many airports need rework, thanks for your help.

PM sent. :)

(Decals? That one must have been not for me ... my 3 modified BGL's have nothing to do with decals, only stray navaid extermination.).