#1 komodo

komodo

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi Guys,

Haing a weird problem with FSX + Accel. When flying in multiplayer other players aircraft vanish when they got further than 0.3miles away from me. Their label is still visible up to the normal 10nm but cant see the actual aircraft. Any ideas??

Cheers

Rich

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

That sounds like a LOD (level of detail) problem. What are the other aircraft in question? Can you give some examples, please?

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 komodo

komodo

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

Thats what I thought it might be. Have tried it helis and fixed wing, default and addons. Its with both multiplayer aircraft and AI aircraft. Is there any way of adjusting the view range?

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

No, unfortunately. When this normally happens, it's an add-on aircraft which has been designed to have a high detail model close up and no model further away than that.

If it is affecting default models as well, then I'm not sure, I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else may have more useful ideas. :neutral:

Sorry!

Ian P.
Posted Image

#5 511Flyer

511Flyer

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hi Ian. I had this problem myself after I installed an fsx.cfg from somebody who supposedly had all the answers to all the problems. Also, I could see the wake of boats and ships, but couldn't see the vessels.

I'm a member of a mutiplayer group, and it was very frustrating not to be able to see my fellow flyers aircraft until we had almost collided. Difficult for them also, because I was always having a little moan about it.

It would have been easy to revert to my original fsx.cfg, but I really wanted to find what had caused the problem, not just sweep it under the mat.

After much searching and experimenting, I found the culprit. A line had been added to the cfg. "SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0" I didn't even try adjusting the number, just deleted the whole entry.

Now all is well again, and I'm enjoying multiplayer as it should be.

Dennis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket