The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc weather update

Hi Pete

I bought FSUIPC a week ago and enjoying it every bit of it (thanks for developing it),but what is happening is; i have set weather through FSUIPC so during the flight this little window opens for relay short time which interrupt fsx very shortly, it it not crashing or any thing but is bothersome. So can you please help here and let me know what is happening. I have win 7 64 bit and FSX. This is happening after i installed FSUIPC. also is there any way to have two yokes and rudder paddles using FSUIPC on same or networked machines.

Thank you

Iggy

i have set weather through FSUIPC so during the flight this little window opens for relay short time which interrupt fsx very shortly,

What program are you using to set the weather? FSUIPC doesn't actually provide any "weather setting" facilities, only facilities for other programs to set weather.

And what is this "little window"? I've no idea what that is. Does it say anything? Are you sure it isn't from wehatever weather program you are using?

Please also always mention which FS you are using, and also the actual version number of FSUIPC.

also is there any way to have two yokes and rudder paddles using FSUIPC on same or networked machines.

On the same PC, yes. FS will see them, and you can use FSUIPC to assign if you wish. Please see the thread near here entitled "2 saitek Yokes" where I've answered a similar question.

Regards

Pete

What program are you using to set the weather? FSUIPC doesn't actually provide any "weather setting" facilities, only facilities for other programs to set weather.

And what is this "little window"? I've no idea what that is. Does it say anything? Are you sure it isn't from wehatever weather program you are using?

Please also always mention which FS you are using, and also the actual version number of FSUIPC.

On the same PC, yes. FS will see them, and you can use FSUIPC to assign if you wish. Please see the thread near here entitled "2 saitek Yokes" where I've answered a similar question.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

System : win 7 pro 64 bit

FS : FSX

FSUIPC : FSUIPC4 4.7 and i think i did update with resent update to it , i will have to check, not quite sure.

Good morning, I am not using any weather program i am setting winds through FSUIPC ; when i set update winds at 5 level and when ever it update the winds this little window shows up very shortly and disappears then after interrupting FSX very shortly ; it doesn't cause crash or any thing but is a distraction. but when i set it to 30 ( zero to thirty range choice) it is OK but on long flight this thing happens but very rarely.

This pops up so shortly i cannot read what it is; but i am sure it is from the winds setting from FSUIPC because when i disable weather it doesn't happen.

And thanks for info on two yokes on same PC.

Good morning, I am not using any weather program i am setting winds through FSUIPC

Without any program? How are you managing this?

when i set update winds at 5 level and when ever it update the winds this little window shows up very shortly

Without knowing how you are trying to update the winds I can't even speculate, but there is no "little window" in FS except the message window which you can program through the FSUIPC applications interface using the appropriate offsets.

and disappears then after interrupting FSX very shortly ; it doesn't cause crash or any thing but is a distraction. but when i set it to 30 ( zero to thirty range choice) it is OK but on long flight this thing happens but very rarely.

This pops up so shortly i cannot read what it is; but i am sure it is from the winds setting from FSUIPC because when i disable weather it doesn't happen.

I'm sorry, but there is no "little unreadable window" produced by FSUIPC, or anything else I know of, just because winds change. It sounds like something your (non-existent?) weather program (the one changing the winds) is doing.

Unless you can explain how you are changing the winds through FSUIPC without a program, and can describe exactly what this very strange anonymous unreadable "little window" is, I'm afraid there's no way I can help. Sorry.

Pete

Without any program? How are you managing this?

Without knowing how you are trying to update the winds I can't even speculate, but there is no "little window" in FS except the message window which you can program through the FSUIPC applications interface using the appropriate offsets.

I'm sorry, but there is no "little unreadable window" produced by FSUIPC, or anything else I know of, just because winds change. It sounds like something your (non-existent?) weather program (the one changing the winds) is doing.

Unless you can explain how you are changing the winds through FSUIPC without a program, and can describe exactly what this very strange anonymous unreadable "little window" is, I'm afraid there's no way I can help. Sorry.

Pete

Hi Pete

Good morning

I know you have doubts about what i am saying but can you do this , is there any way you can log in my system and test it out your self in that way you will know what i am talking about. The only program i am using for weather is FSX stock.

Thank You have a good day.

I know you have doubts about what i am saying but can you do this , is there any way you can log in my system and test it out your self in that way you will know what i am talking about.

No, sorry.

The only program i am using for weather is FSX stock.

Right:. so the weather is set by FSX, not by or through FSUIPC as you kept claiming. FSUIPC has nothing to do with "setting the winds". Nor will it produce any short-lived "little window". You need to find out what is making that mysterious little window. If it only appears when FSUIPC is installed it will be some program or add-on you are using which is using FSUIPC as well, and so doesn't do that when you don't have FSUIPC running. You need to identify what program, gauge or DLL that is.

Regards

Pete

No, sorry.

Right:. so the weather is set by FSX, not by or through FSUIPC as you kept claiming. FSUIPC has nothing to do with "setting the winds". Nor will it produce any short-lived "little window". You need to find out what is making that mysterious little window. If it only appears when FSUIPC is installed it will be some program or add-on you are using which is using FSUIPC as well, and so doesn't do that when you don't have FSUIPC running. You need to identify what program, gauge or DLL that is.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

i will do that but for now i will forget about little window. If it keeps bothering; i will dig deeper, thank for your time

Have a good day.

Iggy