The simFlight Network Forums

Engine Reverse Thrust

Hi Peter,

I am trying to set reverse thrust with 4 engines in FSX with CHTQ using fsuipc. I have cleared out the AXIS in FSX and am failing miserably to set up the reverse thrust with fsuipc. I can set the max (16383) and min (-16384) but am not able to set reverser to function in the correct place ( behind idle).

When I set the idle zone and do get the reverse to work it is always on when I have the TQ set at detent (idle position) or forward of this or doesn't work at all.

I have tried to closely follow suggested guides but cannot make this Reverse work.

Question:

When I move the lever to max I get 16383, when I move the lever to fully back I get -16384, when I move the lever forward to detent(idle) the number stays the same - is this correct?

Regards,

Mike

Win7

Latest FSUIPC

FSX

I am trying to set reverse thrust with 4 engines in FSX with CHTQ using fsuipc. I have cleared out the AXIS in FSX and am failing miserably to set up the reverse thrust with fsuipc. I can set the max (16383) and min (-16384) but am not able to set reverser to function in the correct place ( behind idle).

How are you assigning the throttle(s)? Is it one throttle for all or 4 throttle levers? When you say "reverser" are you wanting a separate reverser lever or a revers zone on each thorttle lever?

When I set the idle zone and do get the reverse to work it is always on when I have the TQ set at detent (idle position) or forward of this or doesn't work at all.

If you get reverse on in a calibrated idle zone then you have not calibrated the idle zone.

When I move the lever to max I get 16383, when I move the lever to fully back I get -16384, when I move the lever forward to detent(idle) the number stays the same - is this correct?

No. It sounds like you have calibrated the idle at -16383 as well as setting that as minimum. Or you have "no reverse zone" set and haven't re-calibrated since setting it.

I need more information. I need to know how you are assigning (to what), where you are calibrating, what calibration options you've selected and what the numbers are.

Latest FSUIPC

"Latest" isn't useful information: is your "latest" 4.70 or 4.742, or somewhere in between? Please ALWAYS state version numbers. That's what they are for.

Regards

Pete

How are you assigning the throttle(s)? Is it one throttle for all or 4 throttle levers? When you say "reverser" are you wanting a separate reverser lever or a revers zone on each thorttle lever?

If you get reverse on in a calibrated idle zone then you have not calibrated the idle zone.

No. It sounds like you have calibrated the idle at -16383 as well as setting that as minimum. Or you have "no reverse zone" set and haven't re-calibrated since setting it.

I need more information. I need to know how you are assigning (to what), where you are calibrating, what calibration options you've selected and what the numbers are.

"Latest" isn't useful information: is your "latest" 4.70 or 4.742, or somewhere in between? Please ALWAYS state version numbers. That's what they are for.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for replying so quickly Pete,

I am following "Configuring FSUIPC with the CH USB Yoke, Rudder Pedals and Throttle Quadrant". version

1.10 by John Cook - But for 4 engine jet.

1. Separate CH Quadrant Levers - 1 per throttle with it's own reverse zone is the aim.

2. I have assigned the 4 middle levers on the CH Throttle Quadrant as engines 1-4.

3. When I go to calibration I get the same numbers (Max 16383 Fully forward / Min -16384 Fully back) for

all levers, and can set a top idle as John Cook advises but when I set the lever into the reverse area

(behind detent) the number is still -16383 as if this area is not being read at all. The detent back to

fully back reads the same -16383.

4. If I set the idle zone by pushing the lever forward from the detent to get a top idle number set and

a bottom idle number set when I go into FSX the reverse is showing as active but forward of idle.

5. FSUIPC Version 4.742

Hope this clarifies some.

Regards,

Mike

2. I have assigned the 4 middle levers on the CH Throttle Quadrant as engines 1-4.

Are these assigned in FSUIPC or FS?

If in FSUIPC are they assigned "Direct to FSUIPC calibration", or to the FS controls?

If to the FS controls are they to the "Axis throttleN set" controls or the "ThrottleN set " controls?

3. When I go to calibration I get the same numbers (Max 16383 Fully forward / Min -16384 Fully back) for

all levers, and can set a top idle as John Cook advises but when I set the lever into the reverse area

(behind detent) the number is still -16383 as if this area is not being read at all. The detent back to

fully back reads the same -16383.

Er, only "top idle" whatever that means? What about the other two numbers needing setting?

start on the left. You should pull the levers right back, the full reverse position, then push forward a little, making sure the numbers increase. The SET the Minimum (left-most value or the 4). Then move the lever to where you want the idle zone to begin, SET one idle position, then forward again, SET second idle position, and finally fully forward, then back a bit (ensure numbers decrease) and SET the max.

All this is as per the numbered steps in the user guide.

I really don't know what is different in the guide you are following, but the proper method always works. You must have 4 different numbers in the calibrations, MIN lower than both CENTRES and MAX higher than all.

It isn't complicated! Just numbers. The numbers are simply the points on your axis where the different functions will occur.

Pete