The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

All seems installed, but no or few aircraft visible on some or all airports

Dear friends, some scenery addons still install Ai flight plans in FS8 data format. If there are too many flights in old data format within 130 miles around you, FSX will display less or none of its own AI traffic. The right solution is to identify these obsolete schedules, and to delete them.

MyTraffic 5.3 users can do this from the Communicator. Users of earlier versions of MyTraffic can view the full discussion and download the tool from

Burkhard, you should pin this so it does not get lost as other topics pile up on top of this one!

Thanks, I wanted to, but still am not complete awake :lol:

I followed the intructions and it seems to have installed okay but I see no traffice....been awhile since I installed my traffic and now i'm installing 5.4a. How do I activate it in fsx if that's what I'm missing. I have dug around inside the program through the "activate" section but I am missing something, probably ssomething simple. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer with computers. Assistance would be greatfully receivedd. Many thanks.

Dave

Hi Burkhard,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking this morning for some instructions but did not see them. I will be home tomorrow night and search again. Cheers, Dave

In short, the Communicator under Manage FSX.cfg has a green button, press that, and you need to add MyTraffic folder as scenery folder.

Sorry! Ignore my original post - found Communicator and Manage FSX.cfg. Still no traffic. Do I need to delete all addons from Addon Scenery?

There are two principle reasons why you might miss to see any traffic:

1. The installation is incomplete, something missing or some parameters set to disable AI traffic
  2. You have installed an addon that switches off FSX AI traffic and forces FSX into FS8 AI mode.

Please go through the MyTraffic not working checklist, this might give us a hint what is wrong. A simple alternative might be to visit an extremely remote airport like SCIP and report if you have traffic there.