The simFlight Network Forums

Can not create Mouse macros any longer

I am using the MD-11 from PMDG, and resently tried to make a new Mouse Macro, but it does not work any longer. I know how to make them, as I already did a Lot of them, but now when I activate to record the Macro, nothing is happening.

Newest version of FSUIPC is installed.

Also the latest SP from PMDG is installed.

OS is Win7 64 Bit .

Kind regards

Frank

I am using the MD-11 from PMDG, and resently tried to make a new Mouse Macro, but it does not work any longer. I know how to make them, as I already did a Lot of them, but now when I activate to record the Macro, nothing is happening.

Does the MD-11 support mouse macros? I have no idea. Not all aircraft gauges do. It depends how they are written.

Newest version of FSUIPC is installed.

I'm afraid that without a version number quoted this statement is meaningless. Folks have said that when what they meant was "the newest one they've seen". Check the main Options tab for the number, or the Log file, or right click on the DLL itself and select Properties-Version. The very latest is 3.998q for FS9 and 4.754 for FSX.

Note also that although mouse macros work with FSX RTM they cannot be created using the automatic method wthout at least SP1 installed.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks a lot for your fast answer !

1. Yes, as I already wrote, Mouse Macros are working with the MD-11 here is the Macrofile of actions wich I already did:

[Macros]

Module="PMDG_MD11.DLL"

1=AutoFlight

1.1=RX63b0*X8b00

1.2=RX6400*X8bcc

2=FMSSPD=RX6300*X8b16

3=NAV=RX6430*X8bcc

4=APPRLAND=RX6440*X8b00

5=HDG=RX6410*X8b00,31

6=AFS1=RX63c0*X8b00

7=AFS2=RX63e0*X8bcc

8=FLCH=RX6490*X8bcc,31

9=PROF

9.1=RX6400*X8bcc

9.2=RX6400*X8bcc

10=ALTHOLD=RX6490*X8bcc

11=GA=RXf4f0*X8bcc

12=SD=RX4f50*Xa1cc

13=SPARM

13.1=RXda30*X8bcc,31

13.2=RXda30*X8bcc,31

14=AFS=RXf4f0*X8bcc

15=SPDRET

15.1=RXda30*X8bcc

15.2=RXd990*X8bcc

16=SPD13=RXd9b0*X8bcc

17=SPD23=RXd9d0*X8bcc

18=SPDFull=RXd9f0*X8bcc

19=SPDGroundsp=RXda10*X8bcc

20=FMS-SPD=RX6300*X8b18

21=HDG-Left=RX6310*X8b00

22=HDG-Right=RX6310*X8b00,31

23=ALT-Down=RX64b0*X8bcc

24=ALT-Up=RX64b0*X8bcc,31

25=ALT-Select

25.1=RX6490*X8bcc,31

25.2=RX6490*X8bcc,31

25.3=RX6490*X8bcc,31

26=SPD-Select=RX6450*X8b00,31

27=SPD-=RX6470*X8bcc

28=SPD+=RX6470*X8bcc,31

29=ALT-=RX64b0*X8bcc

30=Alt+=RX64b0*X8bcc,31

31=ALT-Minus=RX64b0*X8bcc

32=ALT-PLUS=RX64b0*X8bcc,31

33=VS-Up=RX6330*X8bcc

34=VS-Down=RX6330*X8bcc,31

35=VS-FPA Switch=RX63a0*X8b00

36=SD-ENG

36.1=RXb0d0*X8bcc

36.2=R1:Xedb0*X8bcc

37=ND-MAP=RX5820*X8b00

38=ND-PLAN=RX5830*X8b00

39=ND-VOR=RX5840*X8b00

40=ND-APPR=RX5850*X8b00

41=ND-TCAS=RX58b0*X8b00

42=ND-VOR1=RX58c0*X8b00

43=ND-ADF1=RX58d0*X8b00

44=ND-VOR2=RX58e0*X8b00

45=ND-ADF2=RX58f0*X8b00

46=ND-INCR=RX5900*X8b00

47=ND-DECR=RX5910*X8b00

Module1="window.dll"

2. Yes, you are right, not telling the exact Version number is for nothing. I already thought about this issue, as I wrote the first time. So sorry, but here it is: 4.754

fsuipc-version.jpg

3. The FSX Version is FSX Deluxe SP2

Just to wrap it up. Mouse Macros were working some FSUIPC-Versions ago. Unfortunately I can not remember, as I have not had the need for making new ones for some time.

And just one thing I just testet. Macromaking on a default Aircraft is still working.

Regards

Frank

Edited by bofrost

1. Yes, as I already wrote, Mouse Macros are working with the MD-11 here is the Macrofile of actions wich I already did

So, you are not talking about making mouse macros, but using already-made ones? Maybe the ones you made were for a different version of the aircraft? Maybe it has been updated or there is an update for forgot to apply?

Because mouse macros actually record the position in the Gauge code, in memory, which is to be called to execute the function, even small changes to that code invalidates them and means you need to re-build them to suit the revised code.

To take an example from your own posting above, I assume by "EFIS TRFC" you mean the same as the one called "TCAS" in the PMDG MD11X contribution already posted in the User Contributions subforum. In that it shows as:

[Macros]

Module="PMDG_MD11.DLL"

1=EFIS TRFC=RX5860*X8b00

whilst you have

41=ND-TCAS=RX58b0*X8b00

See the difference? I thnk all the others have changed too -- so there are obviously at least two versions of "PMDG_MD11.DLL" around.

Regards

Pete

So, you are not talking about making mouse macros, but using already-made ones? Maybe the ones you made were for a different version of the aircraft? Maybe it has been updated or there is an update for forgot to apply?

Hi again,

I am sorry, but you still misunderstand me. Maybe it is my bad english, I am sorry for this.

I will try again.

The mouse macros wich I created earlier are working without problems. (ok, one or the other is actualy not working, but this is not the problem as they could be from an earlier SP-Version of the PMDG)

I also know, that if I install a SP for the PMDG, I have to redo the Macros.

But, I can not make new ones. When I click create macro, and then return to the cockpit, clicking fx. on the NAV-Button, then the dialog for mouse macro will not pop up (this green text thing in the upper left)

Hope this becomes clearer now.

Regards

Frank

OMG Pete I am so sorry ! I found the "error" myself.

It is so dump, that I nearly not would tell you, but I was always in the VC, as I tried to make the Macros.

As I switched to 2d it worked again as it should.

:oops: :oops:

Sorry for stealing your time on this one !

Regards

Frank

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem as Frank above.....

I cannot get the green macro bo to appear anymore. I click "create mouse macro", go to cockpit, and click switches (ANY switch) but mothing happens (no green or red box appear anymore). This was working ok yesterday assingning keystrokes to the switches. I can assign events using PMDG numbers from the SDK but I would rather use macros for certain (less complicated) switches as this is easier (mouse macros). Even clicking on switches that I have already created a macro for, no macro box appears anymore??? I have tried to open the default 737 to see if its a PMDG 737 problem, but the default aircraft does not work either.

I have FSUIPC registered version V 4.853, win 7 64 bit, FSX.

When returning to FSUIPC, it still says "end macro making" on the button, so the program appears to be in the correct mode. Does not matter if I us the "key presses" or "buttons and switches" tab for macros.

Any help would be great. Thanks, Larry (Las Vegas)

PS- I use mouse macros on the PMDG 737 only, and never any other aircraft.

Hi,

Forgot to mention I have not installed any PMDG updates or SP's but did have a problem with my nvidia geforce GTX 560 video drivers after the latest windows 7 update. Had to uninstall/install drivers serveral times only to go back to an older driver version. Not sure if this has anything to do with problem, but thought I would mention it. Thanks, Larry C

Hi,

Forgot to mention I have not installed any PMDG updates or SP's but did have a problem with my nvidia geforce GTX 560 video drivers after the latest windows 7 update. Had to uninstall/install drivers serveral times only to go back to an older driver version. Not sure if this has anything to do with problem, but thought I would mention it. Thanks, Larry C

AFAIK neither the default 737 nor the NGX are amenable to Mouse Macros that's why it's not working and thats why there is an SDK for the NGX. Not many aircraft do work with Mouse Macros these days as the gauges are usually programmed in XML and not C++. Also even if an aircraft is amenable to mouse macros, 9 times out of 10 only the 2d panel gauges will work with them, if you try using the VC buttons and switches they wont work at all, like in the MD11 example earlier in this thread.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes FSUIPC macros DO work with the PMDG 737, and in the 3D mode. Try it you will be pleasantly surprised. The MCP must be showing in the 2D mode to assign mouse macros, but work fine when flying in 3D mode. The macros even work the the "missing" TOGA switch (on and off states) on the MCP panel "blank spot". Not all of the switches, but MANY of them will work with mouse macros. You might be thinking of the older versions of FSUIPC....not sure. I reinstalled FSUIPC and everything works perfect now. I use mouse macros through FSUIPC and HIDmacros to use multiple keyboards/keypads. The overhead panel I built uses macros AND control codes from the PMDG SDK with no problems. The original issue seemed to be the video driver/windows update that caused all the problems in the first place. I choose to use macros in place of SDK control codes on certain switches (personal preference I guess). Hope this helps others.... Larry