The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Crashing

Hi Pete

Just wondering if you can help me, i have recently installed the FSUIPC for my FSX and as soon as i load up a flight it crashes to desktop, i have noticed it doesn't do it if i don't have FSUIPC installed, could ou please advise me what to do?

Many Thanks

Dave B

Just wondering if you can help me, i have recently installed the FSUIPC for my FSX and as soon as i load up a flight it crashes to desktop, i have noticed it doesn't do it if i don't have FSUIPC installed, could ou please advise me what to do?

I've not heard of a problem which only occurs when loading a flight -- unless, possibly that flight loads an aircraft with panels using FSUIPC? Is there a windows error message when this occurs? If so please tell me the details from that message. If not, perhaps you could see if there's an entry for it in the Windows event logs.

Could you make sure you are using the latest version of FSUIPC4 -- see the Download Links subforum here, where you'll see that the latest is 4.756. Then, if the problem still occurs, please find the FSUIPC4.LOG file, in the FSX Modules folder, and paste it into a message here.

Regards

Pete

I purchased FSUIPC on Dec 21st and I have exactly the same problem.

Installed and registered FSUIPC 4.7.5.1 with FSX and Windows XP Pro SP3

As soon as I load a flight it crahes with... Microsoft Flight Simulator X has encountered a problem and needs to close.

The error report contains...

Error signature

AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61355.0 AppStamp: 4643ee0a

ModNAme: api.dll ModVer: 10.0.61355.0 ModStamp: 4643f2a9

fDebug: 0 Offset: 00038989

Please supply a download link for FSUIPC vsn 4.756 because I can't find it here.

Thanks, Peter

As soon as I load a flight it crahes with... Microsoft Flight Simulator X has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Why do you think it relevant ot this forum, which is mainly concerned with FSUIPC and WideFS?

AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61355.0 AppStamp: 4643ee0a

ModNAme: api.dll ModVer: 10.0.61355.0 ModStamp: 4643f2a9

fDebug: 0 Offset: 00038989

Crashes in API.DLL are almost always a sign of a bad CFG, WX or FLT file. Try going to the My documents\Flight simulator X files folder and deleting all the WX files. They are binary-encoded weather files, and an error in any of those crashes FSX quite easily.

If you have an FSUIPC problem please find the FSUIPC4.LOG file in the FSX modules folder and paste it here.

Please supply a download link for FSUIPC vsn 4.756 because I can't find it here.

Go to the Download Links subforum, where all downloads are provided.

Regards

Pete

Have just downloaded, installed & registered FSUIPC4.756 but still get exactly the same problem, FSX crashes as soon as I try to load a flight, actually right at the very end of the flight loading process. The problem goes away as soon as I move FSUIPC4.DLL out of the Modules folder

Thanks, Peter FitzGerald

Have just downloaded, installed & registered FSUIPC4.756 but still get exactly the same problem, FSX crashes as soon as I try to load a flight, actually right at the very end of the flight loading process. The problem goes away as soon as I move FSUIPC4.DLL out of the Modules folder

Have you not bothered reading replies in this thread? Have you tried deleting the WX files? Have you shown me an FSUIC4 log at all? What's the point of posting if you ignore replies?

Pete

I tried removing all the FLT files, but it doesn't help.

So I have just reformatted my hard disc, re-installed Windows XP SP3 + FSX SP1 + FSUIPC4.756, nothing else, no added scenery or airplanes.

FSX crashes every time with FSUIPC4 but works absolutely fine if I move FSUIPC4 out of the Modules folder.

I enclose FSUIPC.log as requested.

On a happier note, FSUIPC4 works just fine on my Windows7 computer. But I do need it to work with Windows XP because that computer has far more powerful graphics.

FSUIPC4 Installlog.txtFSUIPC4ini.txtFSUIPC4log.txt

FSX crashes every time with FSUIPC4 but works absolutely fine if I move FSUIPC4 out of the Modules folder.

I enclose FSUIPC.log as requested.

The log shows a normal FS termination. It shows the default flight being loaded within 4 seconds of FS starting, then a NORMAL closure 10 seconds later. If FS is crashing it seems that it is only doing so after a normal close down, after FSUIPC4 has gone. There's no sign there at all of any other flight being loaded, or any attempt either. It looks like you closed FSX at the initial selection menu. Obviously that won't tell me anything useful.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

I've just downloaded service pack 2 for FSX which has cured the problem.

Could it be that FSUIPC4 doesn't like FSX with service pack 1 ?

Thanks for your help anyway. I was not ignoring your initial replies, being completely new to the forum I was told that my initial posts would be checked by a moderator which would cause delay.

Best wishes, Peter

I've just downloaded service pack 2 for FSX which has cured the problem.

Could it be that FSUIPC4 doesn't like FSX with service pack 1 ?

I don't know of any reason why not, and unfortunately I don't have enough information to determine what is happening. However, SP2 does fix a lot of bugs in FSX and it may actually be some other interaction going on. There's really no way of telling unless I'd be able to reproduce it..

You said "FSUIPC4 works just fine on my Windows7 computer." -- was the FSX version on that updated to SP2?

Regards

Pete

Hey.

I have the exact same problem.

I installed FSUIPC.exe as an administrator and deleted all WX files.

When I load a flight, i get to 100% or 3 seconds into the flight and FSX crashes. This is the standardised error report I get:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.60905.0

Application Timestamp: 44fd0a92

Fault Module Name: FSCopilot.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4640a058

Exception Offset: 1001c470

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: b251

Additional Information 2: b25130bd6bbd5d0c07371b307f5c66b4

Additional Information 3: 7da0

Additional Information 4: 7da09ae33f4c6266f80b0077f9d8e29a

Please help!

Adrian

Ok this time it really is FSUIPC4. Same as what i said above but with this error report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Timestamp: 44fd0a92

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f0f1816

Exception Offset: 6107c3ca

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Ok this time it really is FSUIPC4. Same as what i said above but with this error report:

Can you tell me exactly what version of FSUIPC4 it is you have installed? Unfortunately the error report you provided states:

Fault Module Name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded

Why it cannot get the proper version number I've no idea. No do I know why it appends "_unloaded" tp the name. That's weird.

If you are not using version 4.758, please download it and install it from the Download Links subforum. I need you to be using the same version as I so that this information:

Exception Offset: 6107c3ca

can relate directly to the code I have. If you are already using 4.756 or 4.757 that offset appears to be within the VRI code. Are you using VRI devices? Please paste in your FSUIPC4.IBI file so I can see.

The most worrying thing about your report is this:

which shows you are still using the original bug-ridden release version of FSX. I'm not sure I can guarantee anything unless you update. You should be at least using FSX updated to SP1 level, and applying both SP1 and SP2 woould be best. Each update fixed many problems in FSX, and improved the performance of internally connecting Simconnect applications like FSUIPC no end.

Regards

Pete