Photo

Do any airport scenery for FSX have hangar doors / hanger doors that open and close?

fsx FSX hanger door hangar door open interactive close operational airport scenery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scubeesnax

scubeesnax

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hello Flying Friends!

I use FSX. I recently bought the Sim-Wings/Aerosoft Barcelona airport package and it is a work of beauty! WOW, what great work they do!

QUESTION: Do any other airport sceneries for FSX (free or paid) have interactive operational hangar doors / hanger doors that open and close?

I have been told that Paris CDG (new massive A380 hangar, but do the doors
open?) and Heathrow have it, but I am unable to confirm based on the stills and videos.

Thanks!

Eric Kasum

#2 CXA001

CXA001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationCEO Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

I know that VFR Short Fields X and SimAddons have a couple of airports that have this feature.
Posted Image

#3 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,314 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

My Bassingbourn WW2 scenery does, because Col. Bates from the virtual 91st BG made the hangars for it (it's their base).

Other than that, if you see any scenery that has doors that open depending on the position of the user aircraft, or user references such as radio settings, that part of the scenery cannot be FSX native. For reasons that will probably never be known, ACES removed the ability to do conditional animations from FSX, so the only way to get them in is to use the FS9 SDK to develop that component.

Ian P.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fsx, FSX, hanger door, hangar door, open, interactive, close, operational, airport scenery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket