The simFlight Network Forums

Eaglesoft Citation X Throttle problems

Hello Pete!

With newer FSUIPC-Version, I have a problem on my Eaglesoft Citation X.

I can not reach the IDLE-Position of the Throttles. When I click my Throttles out of the cut-off-position, than i'ts jumping directly to the cruise-position not to the idle position.

I have only one throttle. (on a saitek throttle quadrant, the other axis are mixture and proppitch)

The only solution I found is:

1.) Assign one throttle in FSUIPC and than give him the functions "Throttle1" and "Throttle2" instead of "Throttle".

2.) Choose "send direct to fsuipc calibration".

3.) calibrate the throttles on calibrating-page 3.

Why does "Throttle" assignment not working on a single thorttle ?

With newer FSUIPC-Version, I have a problem on my Eaglesoft Citation X.

I can not reach the IDLE-Position of the Throttles. When I click my Throttles out of the cut-off-position, than i'ts jumping directly to the cruise-position not to the idle position.

There have been other threads about this. Did you look at them at all?

Why does "Throttle" assignment not working on a single thorttle ?

It's to do with the way Eaglesoft have programmed their throttle control system. I suspect they are one of the few add-on aircraft implementers who used one of several faulty FSUIPC offsets as they found it, not as documented, omitting to report the bug to me so I could fix it way back then. So when it was eventually reported and I fixed it, their aircraft got messed up. This occurred with the VRS Superbug too, but VRS has since corrected their code.

Try adding AxesWrongRange=Yes to the [General] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file. It puts the bugs back into FSUIPC. :-(

Pete

There have been other threads about this. Did you look at them at all?

Try adding AxesWrongRange=Yes to the [General] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file. It puts the bugs back into FSUIPC. :sad:

Pete

Thank you for your very good support Pete!

What do you mean with "It puts the bugs back into FSUIPC"?

Can I expect other issues if I add this line?

What do you mean with "It puts the bugs back into FSUIPC"?

It makes the throttle axis value offsets being read by some of these add-ons use the wrong range (-16384 to +16383 instead of 0 to +16383 as documented), as, because of some bugs, it did until a few releases ago. The problem was that the programmers used these offsets, found they were wrong (not as documented), but no one bothered to tell me until a few months ago -- at which time i promptly fixed it.

Can I expect other issues if I add this line?

Only if you use an add-on which expects those offsets to read correctly as documented.

Regards

Pete

• 2 years later...