5 replies to this topic

#1 Matty

Matty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

Can someone clue me in re: how to choose the takeoff runway (e.g., 27 rather than the default in calm conditions of 09) in FSX? Thanks!

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

The active runway is determined by the winds set in FSX. Therefore, if there is no wind, FSX will always select the first runway in the list. The only way to change that would be to set winds which would force a selection of 27 rather than 09 (i.e. create a wind coming in from the west at greater than 0 knots).

Cheers,

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 Matty

Matty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Very weird--you would think someone might to use a sim to see what it would be like to take off in the wrong direction. Thanks for the info!

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

There's nothing stopping you taking off in any direction you like! :)

If you don't want to taxi to the active from parking, you can simply use the "Go to Airport" option to put yourself on any runway you like, or just taxi to the other end of the runway and take off without asking for permission. One of the nice things about a simulator is that there are no real consequences if you do something that wouldn't, in the real world, be allowed or would cause a serious accident. The worst you'll get in FS is having to reload the situation...

Cheers,

Ian P.
Posted Image

#5 Matty

Matty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

I hadn't seen the "Go to Airport" option, I'll give that a try--thanks again!

#6 Matty

Matty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

P.S. Actually, I've also never seen the option to start in parking, it always just puts me on the active runway, so much to investigate ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSX, runway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket