The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Makro and Multiple Monitors

When I've made a mouse makro, I can only get it to work when I've clicked on the window monitor (Using 3 screens for showing the window(TH2GO) and 1 for the instruments)...

E.g. When I've created a mouse makro for the Recall button in the NGX and I've finished FSUIPC, I can only get it to work when I've clicked on the top 3 monitors (Windows sees them as one big monitor). If I click on the lower monitor displaying the instruments and press the Key/Button/Switch nothing happens...

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Patrick - Denmark

When I've made a mouse makro, I can only get it to work when I've clicked on the window monitor (Using 3 screens for showing the window(TH2GO) and 1 for the instruments)...

E.g. When I've created a mouse makro for the Recall button in the NGX and I've finished FSUIPC, I can only get it to work when I've clicked on the top 3 monitors (Windows sees them as one big monitor). If I click on the lower monitor displaying the instruments and press the Key/Button/Switch nothing happens...

Mouse macros are simply direct calls into Gauge or DLL code in the aircraft concerned, and once made do not involve any "clicks" at all, so I realy don't understand what you mean.

If the aircraft you are using uses different DLLs or Gauges when you are in different modes, then you cannot use the same macros for each mode. For instance it is quite possible that some add-ons have different gauge files for 2D mode compared to VC/3D mode. But i don't see how the number of screens ever becomes a factor. Maybe the support forum for the aircraft you are using can help?

Regards

Pete

I think it's hard to understand too.

I'll try to simplify what I mean.

E.g. I've Created a Mouse Makro for the Recall switch on the overhead panel of the NGX. I have finished FSUIPC and I click on the "r" key on my keyboard (I assigned the r key to the recall switch) and I can hear the sound and I can see the button is being pushed. Then I'm adjusting the heading on the MCP (Which is located on the lower secondary screen) and afterwards i'm clicking on the "r" key again... Nothing happens.... I click on the windows (Which is located on the top screen(s) ) and I'm pushing r key again. Now I'm able to hear the sound...

If you still can't understand what i'm trying to describe, I should maybe make a video showing what I mean.

E.g. I've Created a Mouse Makro for the Recall switch on the overhead panel of the NGX. I have finished FSUIPC and I click on the "r" key on my keyboard (I assigned the r key to the recall switch) and I can hear the sound and I can see the button is being pushed. Then I'm adjusting the heading on the MCP (Which is located on the lower secondary screen) and afterwards i'm clicking on the "r" key again... Nothing happens.... I click on the windows (Which is located on the top screen(s) ) and I'm pushing r key again. Now I'm able to hear the sound...

Seems that's a quirk of the way the 737NGX is programmed, then. FSUIPC's mouse macros don't always work. maybe it would with appropriate parameters, but you'd need to experiment to find those.

Now that the SDK is published with all the control numbers available for every single function, why not use that instead? You only need to assign to the appropriate control number. I assume by recall you mean pressing on the Annunciator panel? There are two controls defined for that:

#define EVT_SYSTEM_ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL_LEFT (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 349) //

#define EVT_SYSTEM_ANNUNCIATOR_PANEL_RIGHT (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 437) //

where THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN is defined as 69632. I'll leave you do do the addition! ;-)

Pete

Sorry Sir, I don't know how to use OFFSET's yet, But I'm gonna figure it out before I'm going to build my overhead.

+ Where did you find that list of OFFSET's?

The PMSG NGX controls or events are nothing whatsoever to do with offsets. The list of PMDG controls is in the ".h" file installed in the PMDG NGX SDK when you applied the most recent update from PMDG.

If you want offset lists, which are an entirely different matter, you need to download the FSUIPC SDK).

Maybe you could tell me how to use a control number in FSUIPC :) Can't find it in the manuel. :smile:

Well, normally control numbers are obtained automatically from the control names listed in the assignment dropdowns. For the PMDG ones, though, which FSUIPC doesn't know, you'd need to edit the INI file directly and insert the control number. Easiest way is to assign to any FS control, then edit the INI file, find the line in [buttons] where that button is assigned, and change the number after the "C".

The format of button assignments in the INI file is detailed in the Advanced Users guide.

Pete