The simFlight Network Forums

Removing FSUIPC4

Hello Pete or anyone who may care to reply.

I'm afraid my FSX has corrupted itself in some way as it seems to crash on a regular basis and it also freezes constantly while flying, even though my fps are in the 20 to 40 range. It freezes for several seconds, flies , then freezes,,and so on ,so, sadly, I will do a complete re install of FSX .

My question, is there an uninstaller for FSUIPC4. I dont see FSUIPC4 listed in my add/remove folder and want to be sure I do a proper clean uninstall. Didn't see any info in the manual, but may have missed it.

Thanks

Ed

PS: I found the information on page 10 of the user guide. Need new glasses I guess.

Try putting the FS folder tree into an exclusion in your Anti Virus software if you are using any. The PMDG NGX for example can cause long pauses (seconds long depending on how fast your PC and hard drives are) with some Anti Virus systems when the Autosave facility is enabled in FSUIPC, switching off autosave in FSUIPC is another way to prove if this is in fact what is causing your issue.

sadly, I will do a complete re install of FSX .

If you are having problems and reinstalling, if possible, do a complete OS reinstall too. You may have corrupt entries in registry not just for FSX but for windows files etc which could also be causing problems.

I usually reformat and reinstall around every 6 months.....more of an obsessive/compulsive thing rather than for fault fixing. Nothing like a brand newly installed OS :razz:

I solved the problem, after reinstalling FSX and the rest of the stuff that goes along with it. :-) It was the autosave in FSUIPC4. I had it set to save on one minute intervals on a 10 minute cycle. So each time a minute elapsed, my sim would pause. Turning off the autosave feature solved the freezes. I like the idea of autosave feature, but I like the freezes even less. Wonder if this problem is unique to my setup? Anyone else experience this?

Ed

Hi Andydigital,

I'm using the security software that comes with Windows 7. I'm not sure if there is an exclusion setting for that, as it seems quite basic. I'll take a look at it though. Appreciate comments and ideas. It's quite possible it could be a slow drive. I didn't see the issue in the default 737, so perhaps the PMDGNGX is just too much for my HD, as you say.

Edit: , I've gone into Windows Security Essentials and excluded MS from anti viral scans. My next step will be to turn on autosave in FSUIPC4 and try a flight with the PMDGNGX and see if it makes a difference. Barring that, pretty much has to be the HD not being able to keep up with a very complex airliner.

Thanks,

Ed

My next step will be to turn on autosave in FSUIPC4 and try a flight with the PMDGNGX and see if it makes a difference. Barring that, pretty much has to be the HD not being able to keep up with a very complex airliner.

All FSUIPC's AutoSave does is call the SimConnect function to save a flight. This normally is a neglibible function -- unnoticeable (unless you'd stopped disk caching on the save drive, or the memory in your PC is pretty full). However, when the PMDG NGX sees a save it stops everything while it gathers all of its massive amount of data for saving too. Whether that exercise will ever be smooth enough I really have no idea. Fast PCs, plenty of memory, defragmented drives, and write caching enabled will all help.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...