Photo

Help, After all these years the Fjords area has went south.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dillon

dillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Can someone help or point me in the the right direction as to what's going on here. I haven't added anything to the Misty, Tongass, and Glacier Fjords area or any scenery recently yet when I load up anything in the Fjords area I get what's pictured in the screenshot. I have all of Holders additions for this area which is the three main scenery areas in FS9. This was working perfectly for years. Now all the coasts are messed up like I'm using Ultimate Terrain which I don't use. The only scenery I've added in this area months ago was Aerosoft's Ted Steven's Intl, a long way away from the Fjords area. Thanks in advance to anyone that knows what's going on here.

Attached Files

Dell T3400 Duo Core 3.33 1333 FSB
Windows 7 SP1
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 w/1gig Memory
4gigs RAM

iflygroundld.jpg

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

I wouldn't have thought that they would have modified coastlines that far out, but it's still probably worth temporarily disabling the PANC scenery to see if the effect goes away.

That effect is almost always caused by either the coastlines not being excluded, or by replacement coastlines being added as well as the ones you want to be able to see. Therefore it's possible that Aerosoft have included replacement coastlines for large parts of Alaska in their scenery. I'd be surprised if that is the case, though, because the three area sceneries are 'somewhat popular' and I'd suspect that many people using the PANC scenery also use Misty/Tongass/Glacier set.

The coastlines only look coarse enough to be default, which would imply that the exclude files aren't working properly for some reason, but if you can rule out PANC then it narrows it down by one.

Cheers,

Ian P.
Posted Image

#3 dillon

dillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I disabled Aerosoft's PANC and the problem is still there. Maybe they put some files somewhere else. I even tried their update for the scenery which didn't solve this issue.

Windows 7 SP1
4gigs RAM

iflygroundld.jpg

#4 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Is there anything in <FS9>\scenery/world\scenery which might cause it? That's another usual haunt.

Ian P.
Posted Image

#5 dillon

dillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Is there anything in <FS9>\scenery/world\scenery which might cause it? That's another usual haunt.

Ian P.

The problem is actually in this location. I reverted back to an old scenery folder I have (I'm always saving critical folders of past setups) and the problem is gone. I'd love to know what the file is that's causing this issue... Just the same as a temporary bandaide I can use my old scenery folder for Fjords flying and revert back to the other one for Asian flying in areas like Singapore which for some reason doesn't work with this scenery folder (I knew about this a couple years ago which is why I put together a new scenery file).

Windows 7 SP1
4gigs RAM

iflygroundld.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket