The simFlight Network Forums

No Control and Problem loading with P3D

Hi,

I tried to install FSUIPC from your site today the latest version and during the install it kept coming up with a widows explorer box asking for the "FSX.exe" as I am using P3D and it was in the root of the P3D folder I clicked on the Prepar3D.EXE file and it just popped up again and again.

Finally I clicked cancel and it seemed to install Ok so I registered the software and opened P3D to find your Add-On in the menu as always.

So Now I have it installed I tried to configure the Pitch and Roll using the flight controls we have and in your software I am seeing full range -16000 to +16000 on both controllers. However when I try to fly the plane I have very little if any control on Pitch and Roll only everything else is working fine.

Any ideas?

Cliff.

I tried to install FSUIPC from your site today the latest version and during the install it kept coming up with a widows explorer box asking for the "FSX.exe" as I am using P3D and it was in the root of the P3D folder I clicked on the Prepar3D.EXE file and it just popped up again and again.

What "site" is this? I don't have a "site". And saying "latest version" tells me nothing I'm afraid -- I always need the VERSION number.

The latest version certainly works fine with P3D version 1.3 and does not need FSX installed. Please see the Download Links subforum above.

So Now I have it installed I tried to configure the Pitch and Roll using the flight controls we have and in your software I am seeing full range -16000 to +16000 on both controllers. However when I try to fly the plane I have very little if any control on Pitch and Roll only everything else is working fine.

Sounds like you've not even bothered to calibrate? Is that right? Follow the steps in the user guide. And yu don't say how you are assigning the controls nor where you are seeing this "-16000" to "+16000". I cannot help without information, so please always be more explicit.

Please update to a supported version first, though.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the very quick reply, I downloaded today from your webSITE http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html which was version 4.80.

I followed your instructions and calibrated the controls and all the Flaps, Rudder, Spoilers etc work great it's just the Pitch and Roll. As per your instructions these are assigned within the P3D software and I have checked there are no other assignments, in FSUIPC I have checked the controls in the calibration and as I mentioned before this is where I see the values quoted.

I know it's probably something very simple but it's has me stumped.

Thanks

Cliff.

Thanks for the very quick reply, I downloaded today from your webSITE http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html which was version 4.80.

Actually that is Enrico Schiratti's website. I don't have one, and I don't manage to get that one updated as often as I'd like. you'll almost always find later versions here in the Dowsnload Links subforum, as I said.

Either way, I think you'll find the version 4.8xx on the Schiratti site is later than 4.80 -- his wording has not been updated. You need to always quote the actual version number when coming here. It is easy enoguh to find. it is displayed in the options on the About tab, it is shown in the first line of the Log file, in the Modules folder, and it can be found by right-clicking on the DLL itself and selecting Properties.

I followed your instructions and calibrated the controls and all the Flaps, Rudder, Spoilers etc work great it's just the Pitch and Roll. As per your instructions these are assigned within the P3D software

The user guide shows several methods of assigning them, depending on your needs. I'm assuming by "pitch and roll" you are talking abour elevator and airlerons, not the ailerons trim and elevator trim? You reeally need to be specific about the controls, not the resulting movement of the aircraft.

and I have checked there are no other assignments, in FSUIPC I have checked the controls in the calibration and as I mentioned before this is where I see the values quoted.

No, you never mentioned where you were seeing these values -- most would be referring to the axis assignments tab, which is where the actual values from the controls are normally first seen.

Also, you need to be more specific, as I asked before. On the calibrations tab, what does the top left button read in each of the four sections, "Set" or "Reset"? And are these "-16000" to "+16000" values seen in both "IN" and "OUT" slots or only "IN"? If you mean "IN", what values correspond to those in the "OUT".

As you see, I need information. There's no way to help unless you can be more excplicit.

Regards

Pete

On this other matter:

Finally I clicked cancel and it seemed to install Ok

Could you please find the FSUIPC4 install log file (it'll be in the Prepar3D modules folder). I'd like to check what happened.

The only way it would be asking for FSX.EXE was if you still have registry enties saying FSX is installed, but the folders containing FSX have been moved or deleted. Might you have had FSX installed once and uninstalled it, or, worse, simply deleted it?

Either way, I think you certainly have FSX bits left in your registry which should be removed. With the log I can probably help with this.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I am not near the machine at the moment but will get the log for you tomorrow, I can say that the computer is a new build and has NEVER had FSX or any other form of flight sim other than Prepar3D installed. Version of P3D has always been V1.3 on this machine as well and it is and always has been installed in the default directory and I have run your installer as Admin on both times I have tried it.

Thanks

Cliff.