The simFlight Network Forums

AxesWrongRange= ??

For the most Aircraft addons (especially with FADAC) I must set AxesWrongRange=Yes to get the throttles correct work.

Certainly you do not for those aircraft which are written to use the axes normally, or the FSUIPC offsets as documented. The only aircraft which need the faulty axis read-outs from the offsets affected by this parameter are those written by programmers who found a bug in an old version of FSUIPC and didn't even bother to tell me about it, but simply worked around it. That's why when the bug is corrected they don't work properly.

All the parameter does is bring back the bug. it will make anything programmed to use the correct documented value go wrong.

Regards

Pete

Certainly you do not for those aircraft which are written to use the axes normally, or the FSUIPC offsets as documented. The only aircraft which need the faulty axis read-outs from the offsets affected by this parameter are those written by programmers who found a bug in an old version of FSUIPC and didn't even bother to tell me about it, but simply worked around it. That's why when the bug is corrected they don't work properly.

All the parameter does is bring back the bug. it will make anything programmed to use the correct documented value go wrong.

Regards

Pete

Thnak You.

I need AxesWrongRange=Yes for "Eaglesoft Citation X" and "BBS Airbus" to get the correct throttle-ranges.

But I tested also all other aircrafts and I don't found anything not working with AxesWrongRange=Yes.

So, why to use AxesWrongRange=No?

So, why to use AxesWrongRange=No?

I already told you! Because it will make anything programmed to use the correct documented value go wrong! In other words it reintroduces an old bug in FSUIPC which was fixed!

If it doesn't affect you, why are you so worried?

I don't like bugs. I always fix them, but unfortunatley some add-on makers, such as presumably the ones making the two aircraft you mention, do not! I know at least one which does -- the VRS Superbug had the same error and was fixed. I think it actually now works either way.

Maybe there updates which fix the bug in the add-on aircraft you are using. I don't know.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Any chance this option might be exposed through an option (or perhaps made "profile-specific")? I realize you are probably loathe to expose an "Enable the Bug" feature in your user interface, but having to restart the simulator and toggle this value manually via ini file is a bit of a pain. Perhaps such an option could be given an umm, graceful name such as "Use legacy throttle mappings" on joystick calibration page 3 or some such thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance this option might be exposed through an option (or perhaps made "profile-specific")? I realize you are probably loathe to expose an "Enable the Bug" feature in your user interface, but having to restart the simulator and toggle this value manually via ini file is a bit of a pain. Perhaps such an option could be given an umm, graceful name such as "Use legacy throttle mappings" on joystick calibration page 3 or some such thing.

Sorry, no. The option screens appear to be confusing enough (judging by the support I need to provide) without adding things just for errors in add-ons which should have been corrected there. If I started doing that there's be a load more I'd need to add too!

Pete