5 replies to this topic

#1 ridge57

ridge57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm running FSX with UT2 and STB. I started a flight at KBNA last night and was wanting to fly along with a real AI flight Skywest CRJ-200 listed in UT2 from KBNA to KMEM departing at 16:22.
I started STB and toggled the transmissions to begin and about 30 flights loaded up on STB starting at 1600 and running into the early hours of today, but this particular flight was not listed.
I changed the departure time in UT2 starting at 0600 all the way to 2200 on Thursday and it never showed any other flights from KBNA to KMEM, only the flight departing at 16:22.
Any idea what could be happening or any settings I can check to see if my configuration might be causing this problem ?

Thanks, Lee

#2 flying-w

flying-w

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts
  • LocationEGBE - Warwickshire, England

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi Lee,
My initial thought is the flight excluded from UT2 because it falls below the current UT2 traffic slider settings? If you are on 100% traffic, that can't be the cause. After that, the other trap to fall into is that UT2 makes flights depart about 10 minutes before schedule, so in that sense their departure schedule is more like "lifting off the runway" rather than "pushing back from the gate". I guess if you started FSX at 16:12 or later that may mean the flight never shows up.

If none of that explains the situation, some more questions from me:
1) What version of UT2 Schedules?
2) What version of STB?
3) Does you see any evidence of the flight in FSX, irrespective of what STB is telling you?

Simon

#3 ridge57

ridge57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks Simon,

1. I'm using the Summer 2012 schedule from UT2.

2. STB is v3 1.3.7.

3. There were only 10 flights at the gate at KBNA during the 1600-1700 timeframe, so I was able to keep my eye on all of them. The UT2 traffic status board updated the status of this flight, such as , at gate, boarding, final call, departed, however, there was no traffic in FSX matching this.

Thanks, Lee

#4 flying-w

flying-w

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

There is an update available for STB, please visit www.supertrafficboard.com for details.

Remember the UT2 status board is a theoretical view of what should happen in FSX. It does not actually connect to FSX nor reflect what is really happening there.

What flight display mode are you running STB in? Look in the Settings notebook, Data Interpretation tab, and what do you have set for "Level of Detail"?

Simon

#5 ridge57

ridge57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'll check the "Level of Detail" tonight and verify what it is set for.

So if my goal is to pick a flight and follow it, I should not be concerned with trying to locate the flight in UT2 status board first then loading FSX to correspond with the UT2 departure time ?

Is there a way to print a daily flight schedule for a specific airport in STB, so that I could easily identify a flight that I want to follow ?

Presently, my method is to load UT2 and select the day of the week I'm flying, select the Timezone utility then the airport and departures. I look at current time departures and start changing the departure time one hour earlier each time until I find the flight I wish to follow.
Then I re-load FSX to correspond with that flight less approximately 30 minutes. At this point I focus on STB to determine the gate and the specifics regarding the flight.

Thanks, Lee

#6 flying-w

flying-w

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Both the UT2 status board and STB itself (when using the "Predictions" level of detail) present a perfect picture of what should be happening in FSX as time goes by. The connection to FSX gives STB an advantage in that the predictions can be matched to the reality currently in the simulator. A flight listed on the status board or as a prediction in STB cannot be guaranteed. Many things can go wrong when trying to create the flight, including insufficient airport parking, aircraft.cfg errors and slider settings (although STB reads the UT2 slider values and updates accordingly where status board does not).

If you have sliders set at less than 100%, I'd suggest STB is the better source of information for your purpose.

Having said all that, if there is a mismatch between the status board and predicted flights in STB, we should try to determine why that is.

Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket