The simFlight Network Forums

Using FSUIPC with PMDG 738NGX - throttle help needed

Hi Pete and all,

I'm currently using FSUIPC (registered) for a long time now with FSX Accel. and PMDG B744X. I have successfully calibrated the throttles to my CH Throttle Quadrant so that I have reverse thrust in the reverse range of the throttle controller.

I am now trying to get this right with the PMDG 738NGX but I am struggling. When I set the calibration in FSUIPC, no matter how I try changing the "gaps" between idle and reverse thrust, I cannot get a reliable reverse thrust command in the sim. Sometimes when moving the throttles into reverse the aircraft goes into reverse, other times it does not, or goes partly into reverse. Also, it may not go into reverse when pulling the levers back, but then if I move the levers forward slightly, still in the reverse range, it does go into reverse. I don't have a problem in the normal throttle range (between idle to max power).

As I mentioned, it works 100% in the PMDG744X, so it is not the controller that is faulty. Any ideas on what I am missing or need to change? I am using the "aircraft specific" check box as I dont want to mess up other aircraft such as the 747's settings. I am not using the "Filter" setting or "Rev" check boxes. I am using the Reverse axis so I see three range settings for each throttle (max, idle, reverse).

I beleive I am currently using version 4.743 of FSUIPC. I have just downloaded the latest version 4.827, not yet installed it and there is reference to PMDG NGX but I don't see any reference to throttles. Will this update help me with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am now trying to get this right with the PMDG 738NGX but I am struggling. When I set the calibration in FSUIPC, no matter how I try changing the "gaps" between idle and reverse thrust, I cannot get a reliable reverse thrust command in the sim. Sometimes when moving the throttles into reverse the aircraft goes into reverse, other times it does not, or goes partly into reverse. Also, it may not go into reverse when pulling the levers back, but then if I move the levers forward slightly, still in the reverse range, it does go into reverse. I don't have a problem in the normal throttle range (between idle to max power).

I think a lot of folks found this problem. I don't know if any solved it. You might try different assignment methods -- you don't say how you assigned but try assigning to the axis throttleN set controls, see if that helps.

I think the main problem is that the 737NGX is coded to read the throttle controls from SimConnect at a high level, not the post-calibration level you get from FSUIPC. However, if that were truly the case the main forward range would give a problem too if the calibration actually changed the value.

So, i'm sorry, but i don't know. I suspect most folks using the 737NGX don't use a reverse range on their throttle axes, but use some variant of a button press (throttle decr) to engage reverse.

I beleive I am currently using version 4.743 of FSUIPC. I have just downloaded the latest version 4.827, not yet installed it and there is reference to PMDG NGX but I don't see any reference to throttles. Will this update help me with this issue?

No. The NGX addition since 4.82 is support for read-outs of NGX interbal values into FSUIPC offsets so that they can be used in cockpits etc. The latest interim release of FSUIPC4 is actually 4.839, but that won't help with this either.

I do believe that some folks manage reverse ranges on axes, but i don't know what is needed I'm afraid. If you ask PMDG they shrug and say "don't use FSUIPC". You could try searching this forum, or maybe some kind soul will contribute to this thread and claify the matter.

Regards

Pete

My thrust reversers work with the 737NX. I use the axis function assinging my CH yoke throttle lever as the thrust reverser controler. I programed My CH throttle to have set points when it's fully back and the yoke throttle is fully fwd reversers operate as normal. When I want to close the thrutters, I move the yoke lever fully back and move the Ch yoke fwd to the idle set point that's programed.

Bill M

• 2 months later...

My thrust reversers work with the 737NX. I use the axis function assinging my CH yoke throttle lever as the thrust reverser controler. I programed My CH throttle to have set points when it's fully back and the yoke throttle is fully fwd reversers operate as normal. When I want to close the thrutters, I move the yoke lever fully back and move the Ch yoke fwd to the idle set point that's programed.

Bill M

Bill check this post, its a different throttle but maybe it will help you out

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359989-warthog-setup-tips-n-tricks/