1 reply to this topic

#1 bingo296

bingo296

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmiami

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

I would like to buy FSX Acceleration, but I'm going for FSX Gold instead because the price is lower.

I was reading reviews on Amazon, and some people say that they bought this in 2012, and they could not activate it. When they called Microsoft, they said it was too old to be authenticated. So does that mean FSX Gold/Acceleration is not supported anymore?

Also I've heard numerous times that there's a problem with Acceleration and 64-bit systems. Has this been fixed?

#2 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,196 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hello,

That sounds a bit odd to me. FSX is still available as a download from Microsoft and they are still selling box sets of both FSX and Accel through retailers.

This is the first I've heard of that particular problem and doing a Google Search finds lots of complaints about inability to activate, but none about it being "too old". What I did find is a thread on Avsim here: http://forum.avsim.n...ew-motherboard/ saying that someone successfully re-activated their FSX (once they used to right key!) in June 2012. Checking the support page at Microsoft, it was last updated in September 2011 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925723) and says nothing about support being ended or activations denied.

Regarding 64-bit, I'm running FSX + Accel on Windows 7 64-bit with no problem whatsoever. It is a 32-bit application and will always run as such, but I was aware of no problems running it on either Vista 64 nor Windows 7 64. What are the issues you say have heard reported?

Cheers,

Ian P.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket