Photo

Will the last one out please turn out the lights...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I could tell you, but then I'd have to virtually shoot you and bury you under the foundations of a virtual airport runway somewhere. ;) :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'll turn that question around. What makes you say that this forum is still "active" and "live"? Go and count the number of posters actively and regularly using it. I already have and have seen the answer in the first ten threads that I opened. Did you - or anyone else on this thread - even notice that the forum was previously closed and for how long, before it was resurrected from the locked section?

Apart from you and I, three other people have posted on this thread and two of them are stating that the forum is or appears to be dead. One is stating that they came here looking to see if it was alive and asking where everyone is now. Does that not say a lot? Does the complete lack of people saying "well I'm still here too!" not support it?

You're focussing on the wrong thing, Gary. You're focussing on this forum as if it is the embodiment of EFFC. It isn't. EFFC can only comprise its active members and, for whatever reason (I could post numerous suggestions, but I don't talk to them so cannot say for sure), they don't post and meet up here any more. I seriously and strongly suggest that those who want to retain the EFFC as a going concern concentrate on why this place has gone so quiet and what they can do about pulling the various fragmented groups and individuals back together again. Feel free to do it here if you want, I won't object and I doubt anyone else with stars under their names will, either! (Actually that's not entirely true... One person from the simFlight admin team is sick of the problems and hassle caused by the forums and wants to close them altogether. ;))

Ian P.
Posted Image

#22 Bruce_C

Bruce_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationEGBE

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

G'night

Bruce
EFC-166
Bruce (EFC166)

#23 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hang on Bruce... Don't run off! At least not without telling everyone what you're doing and why you're not posting here any more, first! :)

Ian P.
Posted Image

#24 b1bmsgt

b1bmsgt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationBridgeport, CT, US of A

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

I have to admit that I didn't notice that the forum had been closed and reopened. I used to come here every day a few yars ago, and would fly multiplayer on occasion. I was looking forward to Emma X, as it was promised to be "coming soon", as previously mentioned by someone, and then it never got here. That torqued me off a bit, and then I discovered Blender 3D, a free CGI program that dragged me away from Simming for quite a while. I only recently started flying again, and decided to check out the forum. I see that Emma X is no closer to reality than it was a few years ago, which is, really, unbelieveable. So, there isn't much reason to come here any more, I guess.
And that's a shame.

Russ
EFC-510
R.L. Sisco
MSgt, USAF, Retired
EFC_510
First Crew Chief of B-1B Ship #96, 86-0136
Former B-1B Maintenance Supervisor
Former T-33 Crew Chief
Former Learjet Quality Inspector

Student Pilot - 35 hours - Piper Cherokee
(of course, that was 1975...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket