#1 rlgpilot1

rlgpilot1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hello Burkhard,

A few days ago I flew into 2 US Naval Airfields on the USA West Coast (Whidbey Island in Washington State KNUW, and San Nicholas Island KNSI). At both fields, I encountered P3 aircraft with black prop disks (See attached screenshot from KNUW).

Upon checking the texture folders in the P3X aircraft file, I noticed no file for props (only 3 files in each texture folder). I compared this to the C130 texture folders, which do have a file for props blur, and the C130's do display correctly. Is a "props" file intentionally missing in the P3X textures? Or do I have a bad P3X installation? Thought I might try inserting the C130 "props" file into the P3 texture folders and see if that cures it, or is there a better solution? Maybe re-running the P3X installer?

Thanks for a great product!

Attached File  P3 Props email.jpg   196.34KB   0 downloads

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

How exactly did you install, through an update, which files, etc?

I have a a prop_blurred.bmp file in any if the texture folder of the P3, so if you have no other problem just copy one over...

#3 rlgpilot1

rlgpilot1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for your customary quick response...

I started with 5.3, updated to 5.4 (installed the patch), and then to 5.4a patch via your "fsrail" download location.
None of my P3MX texture folders has the prop_blurred.bmp file. Each of the texture folders (texture.My00 through texture.My25) contains 3 files:
P3_t.dds
P3_t_1.dds
P3_t_3.dds

In most of my C130MX folders (for instance texture.my01), I find 7 files:
C133-l.dds
C133-l_1.dds
C133-l_3.dds
C133-t.dds
C133-t_1.dds
C133-t_3.dds
prop_blurred.bmp

I assume the C130 "l" files are textures for night lighting, which also seem to be missing from my P3MX textures (I didn't check at night, so don't know if that works or not for the P3's). Should there be "l" files in the P3 texture folders as well?

If the "prop_blurred.bmp" file from the C130 folder is acceptable, I can copy it into the P3 texture folders.

Or if it makes more sense, I could rerun the P3MX.exe file from MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder.

Awaiting your guidance...
Robin

#4 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

The P3 has been updated for 5.4a, and I see indeed the prop texture is missing in the incremental update. Since it is a pure military combat plane, it has no night texture. So just copy the prop_blurred from the C130 over to have the fastest cure. I can put them also into the patch.

#5 rlgpilot1

rlgpilot1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Will do! Thanks!

#6 rlgpilot1

rlgpilot1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

Had some time this afternoon for Flight Sim, so pasted the C130 props file into each P3 texture file, restarted FSX and KNUW, and all is well!
Thanks so much for the quick solution!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket