12 replies to this topic

#1 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I am trying to add my virtual airline flights as AI. Basically I have created my airline using editor and added my Boeing 757 model there using edit type button, title and everything is correct and I have set operating years from 1990 to 2020. I have also added registration for that type.

When I press Schedule button I get following message:

"No aircraft registration found for this type that is valid for the specified simulated year. Either add a registration or this type first, or check the year.

Please check also that "use in Mytraffic" is checked in the dialog of the type"

I have use in mytraffic set and simulated years valid. Yet still it doesn't work, and also this same thing happens with default mytraffic airlines, no matter which airline and model I select to schedule it just fails to work and gives me this exactly same message.

I use mytraffic 5.4, I have Win 7 64 bit and I run editor as administrator.

Help would be appreciated.

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

If you look under "Info" "set ini file", what is set as simulated year there?

#3 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

It says 2012 there too.

#4 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Any ideas?

#5 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Make a copy of the database. From the maintenance menu, delete all schedules of any kind and save the database. Then zip it and attach it here so that I can have a look into it.

#6 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

The zip file was too big to send as attachment, so I uploaded it to some other download hoster. Just click "premium download" button and download will start, not sure why its called premium when you don't need to register or pay for it. At least it works for me, if it doesn't do that for you I can upload it to some other website later today.

http://bayfiles.com/...bn/MTX_V54a.zip

Edited by Fscamp, 20 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#7 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Downloading it now.

#8 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I have no problem to schedule it from the Edit types dialog. Even using the old and unsupported Myschedule method works. Using only B757 as a type inidicator is not revommended, since B757 is a series, but it would work in this case. So please state exaclty what you do after reading the database and which precise error message you get, I can then repeat this step by step.

#9 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Okay. So first I click Airline and browse for my Southeast Airlines and press Edit. Then I press Edit Type, and enter B757-200PW as Type Key. Then I go to title in FSX and enter QWSim Boeing 757-200 SouthEast Airlines which is my aircraft title in FSX airplanes folder, and as series I enter QWSim Boeing 757-200 and Airline Southeast Airlines and make sure that first year is 1990 and last year is 2020, I make sure Use in Mytraffic is checked and press OK.

Then I go to registrations and press Add new. I set aircraft type B757-200PW, first year 1990 and last year 2020 and set HS-MEA as registration, I tick all 3 boxes and press OK. Then I choose B757-200PW from Known types for this airline screen, and make sure that this registration does appear there.

Then I choose the B757-200PW so that there is blue box around it, and press Schedule and get that error message.

#10 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

The database you sent contains an aircraft Type "B757" that you defined for your airline - there is no Type B757-200PW. So if you try to schedule a type that is not defined the error message is correct. And if you change the string of the type in this process - then it looses its registration because that still is using the type you entered first. So either use B757 for the moment, or set up the aircraft completely first - just do noch change the aircraft setup while you try to schedule - making two changes at once is something that never works on computers.

#11 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

I just fail to get it work... Now I did reset my whole database using backup that I took before I made any edits. I made the airline and set my airplane type key B757, title in FSX QWSim Boeing 757-200 SouthEast Airlines, Series QWSim Boeing 757-200 and airline Southeast Airlines. Then I saved the database, and after that I went back and made the registration by setting registration: as
HS-MUA , Aircraft type B757 and checked all boxes and press OK. I didn't make any changes to aircraft type after that, I choose B757 so its surrounding comes blue and I press Schedule and still I get same error message.

Now my registration aircraft type absolutely matches one in Edit type page and still it fails to work?

#12 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,231 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Have you defined that Series? The series I assume will be B757-200 - this is defined in MyTraffic and knows everything needed about the 757-200 - its length, wing span, range, speed, etc.

I see now that you also did not use the series provided by MyTraffic, but changed manually to an undefined series - why?

To understand more about what a series and a type are, maybe read the Traffic Toolbox SDK documentation. In short, series define different aircraft models - the B757-200 - the A340-300, etc, and its properties. They are defined in the series section of the database. A type is an instance of a series associated to an airline. Most of the time a type corresponds to a title= entry. This is explained in detail in the Glossary of the MyTraffic editor manual, too.

#13 Fscamp

Fscamp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Ah thank you, yes the problem was that I didn't use already defined series. Now I understand it all, I should have read the manual better...

Thank you for all this great support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket