The simFlight Network Forums

FSX white text instead of red

FSUIPC manual page 22 : "Non-scrolling FS messages to be white: This option merely allows application messages displayed in FS‘s own message bar (normally near the top of the outside view) to be coloured white on green, rather than the usual red on green. [Note that this only works after you have installed the SP1 update for FSX]"

It's true this red text on the FSX green stripe is horrible and makes my eyes "crazy" !!

I've the "Non-scrolling FS messages to be white" option selected (registered FSUIPC) without any success: the text msgs are still red despite the line "WhiteMessages=Yes" is well present in the FSUIPC4.ini file of the FSX Modules folder.

What do I miss ? Do I need to select something else to make it working as expected.

Woul you please re-direct me if my question has been already posted

Merci

PS currently running FSX Gold Edition

FSUIPC manual page 22 : "Non-scrolling FS messages to be white: This option merely allows application messages displayed in FS‘s own message bar (normally near the top of the outside view) to be coloured white on green, rather than the usual red on green. [Note that this only works after you have installed the SP1 update for FSX]"

It's true this red text on the FSX green stripe is horrible and makes my eyes "crazy" !!

I've the "Non-scrolling FS messages to be white" option selected (registered FSUIPC) without any success: the text msgs are still red despite the line "WhiteMessages=Yes" is well present in the FSUIPC4.ini file of the FSX Modules folder.

FSUIPC only has any control over messages written to that position via FSUIPC. That what is meant by "application messages" -- FSUIPC applications. It sounds like you are hoping or expecting it to interfere with FSX's own messages, or those written directly using SimConnect.

There's also a little red note appended to the parameter in the FSUIPC4 advanced users guide saying [I'm not sure this works at present] and in the six years of FSX I've not had any feedback on it in order to confirm that or otherwise, probably mainly because almost nothing uses the facility these days. Certainly, I don't have any applications using the facility these days, and those which I used to have use ShowText to redirect them to another screen, usually on another PC.

FSUIPC4 has much less control over these things in FSX than FSUIPC3 did in FS9 and before, I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete

I have this option set and it does work for the messages it was intended for. I mainly have

Lua scripts sending messages to the Lua window when I access various functions and these

cone out in white text. This is on my Win7 dual-boot install of FSX. I seem to recall that

in my Xp boot, the option did not appear to take effect.

Paul

I have this option set and it does work for the messages it was intended for. I mainly have

Lua scripts sending messages to the Lua window when I access various functions and these

cone out in white text. This is on my Win7 dual-boot install of FSX. I seem to recall that

in my Xp boot, the option did not appear to take effect.

Hmmm. Interesting. I can't see any reason for a difference between XP and Win7 though -- the code for all the graphics involved in local to FS. I don't think it is dependent on driver behaviour at all.

Pete

Hmmm. Interesting. I can't see any reason for a difference between XP and Win7 though -- the code for all the graphics involved in local to FS. I don't think it is dependent on driver behaviour at all.

Pete

Update: You are correct Pete. There isn't a difference. I just double-checked my Xp FSUIPC4.ini file and the "WhiteMessages=" entry

was back to "No". I reset it to "Yes" and the Lua display and the ATIS messages were white. For the ATIS, both the scrolling or

non-scrolling text was white when selecting either "Continuous" or "Single Line" in the "Informational Text" area of the FSX

"Graphics" settings. Not sure how/when the setting go changed and since I fly in Win7 now almost exclusively I didn't bother

to check further.

Paul