The simFlight Network Forums

FS2004: Control tiller function via FSUIPC?

Good evening,

since my collegue added a steering tiller to our flight deck, I wonder how to control this via FSUIPC in FS2004. The tiller is connected as an analog axis via EPIC-USB to a control computer on the network. There, all EPIC inputs (digital and analog) are analysed and converted to FSUIPC commands to the MSFS computer.

While browsing through this forum, I found that everybody had connected their tillers directly to the MSFS computers and calibrated it inside the FSUIPC form. Since this approach is not suitable for our setup, what is the correct offset for driving the tiller? Is it 0x0C08? Is there another one that I missed?

Of course, then we cannot use FSUIPC's tiller functionality (like effectivity of rudder/tiller until 60 knots). This will be done in our control software.

Thank you for any hint!

Best regards,

CATIII

While browsing through this forum, I found that everybody had connected their tillers directly to the MSFS computers and calibrated it inside the FSUIPC form. Since this approach is not suitable for our setup, what is the correct offset for driving the tiller? Is it 0x0C08? Is there another one that I missed?

No, that's a copy of the post-calibration inut value, from the axis. Axis inputs are normally either by assignment directly in FSUIPC, or by sending the approriate controls and paramter values to offset 3110. You will need to find the special tiller control number in the lst of added FSUIPC controls in the Advanced User's guide. (It is 64136).

Another alternative is to use the axis inputs normally reserved for PFC devices, at 3BA8-3BC4. 3BC4 is the one used for the PFC tiller.But any would do as you then assign in FSUIPC.

Of course, then we cannot use FSUIPC's tiller functionality (like effectivity of rudder/tiller until 60 knots). This will be done in our control software.

No. I think you are misunderstanding something. Both of the above methods lead to calibration in FSUIPC as a tiller. For the arbitration you also need to assign rudder direct to the calibration.

If you are intending to do your own arbitration between rudder and tiller then there is no point in trying to put the value through FSUIPC as a tiller. The actual control you are using is called "rudder" (FS9 has no separate tiller, and FSUIPC does not use the one in FSX). Naturally you'd read both rudder and tiller and decide what value to send for rudder yourself. The offset for direct FS rudder control, bypassing calibration etc, is 0BBA.

Pete