Photo

Saved FSC flight plans do not load in FSC.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tregarth

Tregarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

I am using 2 PC's (one for FSX, one for FSC). They are connected and talk to each other perfectly.

I have created a simple flight between 2 airports in FSC and gone to Flight Plan/Save As. I have used the FSC assigned file name, checked that both the boxes FS Commander and Flight Sim X are ticked and Saved.

The file name immediately appears in both the FSC Flight Plan list in my FSC PC and in my FSX PC's "My Documents/FSX Files" list. I can load the flight using the FSX Flights/Flight Planner window; the flight appears in the GPS and works.

BUT in FSC when I go to Flight Plan/Open and select a flight created in FSC and click Load I see an error message "Sorry, this is not a valid FSC Flight Plan"

I do not understand why not, can you please tell me how to make the plan appear in the FSC window?

Thank you,

Tregarth

#2 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hi Tregarth,
Your settings in the Save / Load Flight Plan Window, Tab Path are incorrect.
Publish a screenshot of the Save/Load Flight Plan Window, Tab Path with your next reply here.
Volker

#3 Tregarth

Tregarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Dear Herr Heine,

I appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.

I have created a simple flight plan and taken 2 Screen Grabs. The first is of the SAve Window and the second is of the Paths window. I am using FSC v9.2 if that helps you. Please see the attachments.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Attached Files

#4 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi Tregarth,
if you compare your "PATH" screenshot with the screenshot in the manual, then you will discover the error itself.
In line 1 can not be the path of the flight simulator. That makes no sense when there in column 1, line 1 FS Commander stands.
In this line the path for the FSCommander flight plans will be entered.
Sometimes it is helpful to read the detailed manual and understand the screenshots and compare them with their own settings.

Regards,
Volker

#5 Tregarth

Tregarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Dear Volker,

I appreciate your help but I am afraid I do not understand your reply. At present my NetBook has the following address for the FSX programme FSX(\\clive-pc) (Z:) and my Documents are in (\\clive-pc) (Y:)

I have created a flight, gone to Save As / Paths, highlighted FSX Flight Plans (Please see attachment) and saved the file. It appears in the list of saved flights but the same error message appears.

I cannot understand where I am going wrong. I have printed p134 of your manual, are you saying I should have FSX in the Y drive and Documents in the Z drive?

If so, I guess this is simply a matter of deleting the current drives and re-mapping them with different letters?

Thank you for youAttached File  Path window FSX Flt Plans.jpg   59.69KB   7 downloadsr time,

Tregarth

#6 VolkerHeine

VolkerHeine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts
  • LocationEDDK Germany

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi Tregarth,
Your Line 1 shows Name FSCommander and Folder Y: \ Flight Simulator X Files.
Line 1 must show Name FSCommander and Folder C: \ FSC9 \ Flightplan \ FSC
Compare that with the screenshot in the manual. That there is another drive does not matter.
It is crucial that the flight plan of the FSCommander must be stored in the FSCommander flight plan folder.
In your case the FSCommander flight plan is saved in the FSX folder is stored. And that is wrong.
Now everything is clear? Just try it!
Volker

#7 Tregarth

Tregarth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Dear Volker,

Thank you very much for your help. I now understand and have saved a flight plan.

If I may, can I suggest the following is more clear?

As above
Line 1 must show Name FSCommander and Folder C: \ FSC9 \ Flightplan \ FSC

Then: To do this
1. Highlight Line 1 in Left window - FS Commander turns red. In the Right window select the C drive (or whichever drive contains FSC on the FSC computer) from the drop-down list. In my case I opened the C drive which shows the FSC directory.

2. Then, simply open the relevant folders to establish the path C:\....\FSC As each folder is opened the path builds in the Left window.

I hope this will help someone else. Your kindness in replying so late is appreciated.

Thank you,

Tregarth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket