The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder/Steering Tiller problems

Hello Pete,

I use Rudder/Steering Tiller since ages on the same axes, my Saitek Pedals without any problems.

(I have read during search now, that this is not recommended. But as I said, I haven't had problems)

I updated to version 4.843 lately and now I have reproducable problems with my rudder.

Fortunately I have backupped an old version 4.834 which is working perfect, and I see clearly the issue brought in with 4.843

The problem is, that I can't move my rudder to the right.

This is a serious problem with high powered props like the A2A Mustang as I hav not a chance to hold the 2000 hp on the runway.

Til about 50 knots, there's almost no rudder movement to the right, left is ok.

Axes and calibration is ok.

This issue is also present, when I remove steering tiller from the same axes.

Hope you got an idea, Pete.

Beside this, hope you have a nice trip!

Günter

Hi Gunter,

I am using 4.84 and have both steering tiller and rudder assigned directly via FSUIPC. The problem seems to be with the steering tiller assignment. The steering tiller axis through FSUIPC directly, rudder to left no worries, rudder to right little or no movement. A a certain speed all functionality restored and operation of the right rudder no worries.

My workaround, assign the steering tiller using FSUIPC to FS and not dirctly through FSUIPC. I thought I must be the only one to have noticed this. No doubt Pete will have a fix for this issue.

Andrew

Thanks for your answer, Andrew.

The steering tiller axis through FSUIPC directly, rudder to left no worries, rudder to right little or no movement. A a certain speed all functionality restored and operation of the right rudder no worries.

thats the behave I have, yes.

The problem seems to be with the steering tiller assignment

the problem is, the error is still there, even when I remove the steering tiller assignment!

Hi folks,

Sorry, there was a silly error of signs in this enhancement in 4.84:

19 The steering tiller / rudder crossover is amended to provide a minimum of 10% rudder effectiveness even when the ground speed is less than 10% of the changeover limit.

I'm fixing it now. Get version 4.844 later today.

Regards

Pete