#1 Mike-D

Mike-D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Burkhard,

I recently began flying frequently at KPHL due to the release of the well-done SunSkyJet scenery and I couldn't help but notice that ALL Southwest gates are empty. Could this possibly be addressed in your next update or am I missing something?

Thanks again.

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Since when does Southwest fly into KPHL? Airliners.net shows no photo of SWA at KPHL, and my online data on a quick scan also show no flights for them. If they really fly in themselves, it will be in version 5.4b.

#3 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

From the side of ATC, maybe you refer to the Air Tran operations, which still today operate under Air Tran traffic rights and call signs? Its far easier to repaint a terminal than to merge two airlines. If your airport uses SWA as atc_parking_code, maybe you change the code of the Air Tran 717 to SWA,TRS, then they should park there.

#4 idahosur

idahosur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Since when does Southwest fly into KPHL? Airliners.net shows no photo of SWA at KPHL, and my online data on a quick scan also show no flights for them. If they really fly in themselves, it will be in version 5.4b.

Southwest has been flying into KPHL for quite a few years now. Most of Terminal E is Southwest gates. I fly in and out of KPHL three or four times a year and there are always Southwest 737's parked at E.
http://www.phl.org/p...ls_default.aspx

Regarding the Sunskyjet KPHL, people have reported problems with this airport, and problems with MTX in paticular. I suggest the OP go to the Sunskyjet FSX forums and review the posts over there regarding all the problems. The author is suppose to be working on an update, I do not know if it has been released yet or not.
Asus R3E_i7 980X @ 4.44GHz__TRSA_Mushkin Redline 6GB 1644MHz_CM HAF-X_Zotac AMP GTX 480_OS SSD-Crucial C300 128GB__FSX HD-WD VR 600GB*2 w/3ware 9750-4i 6Gb/s SATA Controller (FSX Vrap's)_Corsair AX850 850W_OS-Win7 Ult 64b_FSX Gold, UTX, GEX, FSG, ST, MSX, MSE, FTX, FEX, FSWC, MTX, STB, AS F16, PMDG MD11, CS MD80 Pro, FSD P38, VRS FA18E

#5 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yes, scrolling down the data I see a hand ful of SWA flights after hundreds of AWE. Let us pass this as task to the beta testers for 5.4b once they get it.

#6 Mike-D

Mike-D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

I am using the SunSkyJet PHL scenery which has the southwest wings logo on all of the empty gates in E. I will look forward to seeing some planes over there. Thanks.

I will go the SunSkyJet and check out their support discussions. The only thing I have noticed is that it seems like you have to wait forever after loading for traffic to start flowing. It's five to ten minutes before the first request to taxi which doesn't seem right because it's packed with planes.

#7 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

This indicates you have more traffic than the airport is able to handle, reduce traffic density slider by 10 points and it may get more busy.

#8 Mike-D

Mike-D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

I will give that a try. I never go over 25% because I like realism. Thank you for the good advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket