The simFlight Network Forums

widefs loosing connection

I have the latest FSUIPC on my server (unregistered at present) problem is that I sometimes loose connection with widefs on the client. It runs for as long as fsx is running however when fsx is exited i cannot reconnect until I restart the client then all is well. Do I have widefs installed correctly? it does not show in "programs" I have a product key but have not used it as such?

I have the latest FSUIPC on my server (unregistered at present) problem is that I sometimes loose connection with widefs on the client. It runs for as long as fsx is running however when fsx is exited i cannot reconnect until I restart the client then all is well. Do I have widefs installed correctly? it does not show in "programs" I have a product key but have not used it as such?

1. WideFS does not work at all unless you register it with your product key!

2. There is no specific insdtallation for WideFS. The Server is added to the FS Modules folder (for FS9 and before) or already incorporated into FSUIPC4 (for FSX), and the client program, WideClient.exe is simply placed on your clients wherever you want.

3. WideClient will reconnect automatically when it sees FS again. You give no information about how you are detecting the lack of reconnection, but maybe it is the applications which have the difficulty, not the Client?

Without more information I cannot help further. You need to provide version numbers of FSUIPC, WideClient, plus the WideServer and WideClient log files.

Regards

Pete