#1 eddiex

eddiex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi Burkhard.
I purchased 6 months period to use that service. My questin is if will it work anyway?? I am trying it 3 weeks, and now I am nearly sure,it was wasted money. I expected, what was ofered - actual data which will be used by "MyTraffic" programm to make flights in my simulator. It is ofered as addon for My Traffic. Ok, I understand often live data could be wrong . But why they ofered what they cannot deliver??? There are two possible situations since I bought it ; 1: not working at all. 2: giving me something what I did not pay for !!! What I mean? I analysed many "ansf2.bgl" files. Surprice!! There are just very few flights which looks like "real ones". And rest of flights are hmmm... autogenerated...??? Flights from airport "ABCD" to "EFGH" , every few hours.... it seems to be pure fake. Do You have any other explanation for that? Please dont tell me about hardness with "live" data. I repeat - I understand trables. Why most of flighs in many ansf2s are "network plan"like [fake] ?

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,341 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I will forward your post to the Air Nav team since I also am currently not hapy with the quality of their data. BUT: There are no autogenerated flights in the flight plans. Every flight in the plans is based on a real world FAA or ATC recordeded event. The lower you set the traffic density, the less minutes this last event has passed - if you use 10% it just may be 30 minutes ago, so you really have a live picture.

When these observations are transformed into flight plans, these have to obey the rules for flight plans - that at the end of the day or week the aircraft must be back where it started- and that it should not block the airports until then. Live data contain the information of what is there now - and no information about the future. And this is the limitation given by logic that you may refer to - from the observed movements the future must be predicted. This prediction can be safe for the one or two hours which follow the obeservation - for long range flights further, for short range flights not much longer. Nobody knows how the dispatchers will plan the aircraft in an hour or two.

Sorry if you expected to get an information that just does not exist.

#3 eddiex

eddiex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi again.
Burkhard, thank You for ansfer. Look, I am VERY happy with My Traffic as generator of AI traffic in FS. Really excelent. Frankly!!! But this is what I paid for when I bought it. I do not think Traffic Editor is really very helpfull, if I want "edit" some traffic in FSX, or to add some flights or something like this. Everything in "MyTraffic" system is not necessarilly complicated. For example planes, types, series, reg. numbers, etc. I tried to use another "Traffic editor", and I have foud it is absolutely EASY and simple. I select any airplain in my FSX and I am able to sent it on the regular daily or weekly or irregular trip. Just few clicks. And I am able put there "priority" 1% directly. [ be seeing when slider is 1% or more] . I was not able to do many simple things in "Your" editor just because of lack info. I tolt You earlier - to many manuals with sooooo less clear informations for users like me. Burkhard I see it in many many many topics here - people do not know how to use Your excelent product and all its possibilities. Lot of magics are hidden from us, and no answers in all three manuals. Usually in manuals are explained things which are more or less clear without manual, but things which should be explained are not. Then it makes me desperate when I see " go to manual...." Every button should be explained, but it is not. I am not sorry the money what I spent for MyTraffic. I use it as autogenerator only. For my own AI flightplans I use other soft.
Now back to MT Live. Absolutely useless. It does not match what is advertised in online shop at all !!!! Here is what I paid for, and it is copied from shop :

"For those airlines where online live data is available, which are the bigger airlines in the US, Europe, Japan and Australia mainly, we offer a subscription to their data so that you can download actual flight plans from their side, which are based on the real world traffic of the day – every equipment change, every delay, every extra flight, every charter and every cancellation will be represented in the virtual world around you – as real as it gets."

I dont see any word about some weired servers of AirNav or FlightBox or anything else. It says clearly "from THEIR SIDE" !!! There could not be any problem if it is TRUE. It is not TRUE unfortunatelly. In the real it is nothing more , then lottery depending on pilots, if they switch some equipment ON or not. So advert in the shop is LIE.

And YES most of flights from files downloaded from "???" [nobody knows where is it downloaded from] looks like AUTOGENERATED !!! I can post it here, if You want. Or any body can open it in some easy usable flighteditor and see it on their own eyes. You can check it, if You think I lie. I have no idea how it is possible, but I am sure most of flights there are not created on real world data base. I know every flight must come back, but not 5 or 6 times a day... hmmm ..? Network Plan Tool makes flightplans like these.

So...? Could it be caused by some technical fault...?? It is not double flights or yesterdays trips or so. Simply it must be fake! But whos fake is it ?

Only one idea how it could not be fake: anfs2.bgl is mix of real based and autogenerated flights. But I do not think so. I think anfs2 should be only real based.

#4 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Sorry, you only cite a part of this text. The full text is:

This is a new optional product developed together with our partner AirNav Systems.

For those airlines where online live data is available, which are the bigger airlines in the US, Europe, Japan and Australia mainly, we offer a subscription to their data so that you can download actual flight plans from their side, which are based on the real world traffic of the day – every equipment change, every delay, every extra flight, every charter and every cancellation will be represented in the virtual world around you – as real as it gets.

This is exactly what you get. Nowhere there is written that you can download actual flight planes from the airlines sides, the singular clearly defines that there is one side, and this is named the sentence before.

There is NO flight in anfs2.bgl that does not originate from these data. These have two sources. One of them is the official FAA data, which are also used by Flightaware.com as example. The second is the radar box network, that provides data outside the FAA area. This is the only live data source that exists. Flightaware or Flightstats, and all other tracking sites, have in their fine prints something they call "primary area" - which is the FAA area, and a "secondary area", secondary airports, etc, where their data are estimated. They are paid by the airlines to show all flights to be on time, unless the airline wants the public to know it isn't, and only display those airlines which pay for this advertisement service.

So a typical data source snipplet for one flight just while I type this is:

<MODESMESSAGE>
<DATETIME>20120806084216</DATETIME>
<CALLSIGN>JST479</CALLSIGN>
<ALTITUDE>31975</ALTITUDE>
<GROUNDSPEED>383</GROUNDSPEED>
<TRACK>231</TRACK>
<VRATE>1920</VRATE>
<LATITUDE>-33.9305</LATITUDE>
<LONGITUDE>151.36</LONGITUDE>
<REGISTRATION>VH-VQQ</REGISTRATION>
<AIRCRAFTTYPE>A320</AIRCRAFTTYPE>
</MODESMESSAGE>

So a Jetstar Airbus A320 has reported a few minutes ago to be a bit east of Sydney at an exact location and at high altitude. From a database that requires a lot of work to be maintained this is a flight from Newcastle YWLM to Melbourne YMML. So now the distance back to Newcastle can be calculated, and from this the departure time gets calculated when the aircraft should have left YWLM to be at the exact location now, to achieve the best prediction when it will land. Please tell me what is not live on this.

Once it has landed, it needs treatment, because FSX can only handle a limited number of aircraft on ground, far less than real life. FSX cannot pull the aircraft into a hangar. Sending it back is the safest thing to do. So after some hours you will be in a situation where you are dominated by aircraft which are not autogenerated, but in the send back modus of a real observed flight.

I understand you are unhappy with this product and understand you will not continue the subscription unless you start to love the product on the second glance.

MyTraffic Professional is a completely open product, based on FSX SDK and compatible with every other product based on FSX SDK. If you can achieve what you need with other tools based on FSX SDK, that is fine and I'm happy with it.

#5 eddiex

eddiex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hmmm. Thanx anyway. Info on the shop is misleading. And it could be discuse still in the circle. Flights back to original apt is ok, but there are reapeted flights 6 times a day.... Ok Lets it finish. I give up. I did not get nothing like "<MODESMESSAGE>
<DATETIME>20120806084216</DATETIME>
<CALLSIGN>JST479</CALLSIGN>
<ALTITUDE>31975</ALTITUDE>
<GROUNDSPEED>383</GROUNDSPEED>
<TRACK>231</TRACK>
<VRATE>1920</VRATE>
<LATITUDE>-33.9305</LATITUDE>
<LONGITUDE>151.36</LONGITUDE>
<REGISTRATION>VH-VQQ</REGISTRATION>
<AIRCRAFTTYPE>A320</AIRCRAFTTYPE>
< /MODESMESSAGE>
All what I have got was files anfs2.bgl everytimes when I clicked Download - MT Live. It was many times. Ones I have got file anfs_america.bgl. I did not analysed All of them, but I analysed nine or ten of them, and All of analysed files was full of autogen flights.

And tell me if advert says : "....every equipment change, every delay, every extra flight, every charter and every cancellation will be represented in the virtual world around you – as real as it gets...." what changes is it from?? Changes from planed flights!!!! Everybody will understand it THIS way, same as me. Cos changes , extra flights, canceled flights can be only in comparement to something what was planed.

I am just sorry , that You are not able to admit, that the manuals for great "MyTraffic complex" are missing a lot of important details. It is clearly visible here on the forum. Lot of users are not able to use product following manuals.

Anyway thanks again for ansfers and of course for MTX. I will continue to use it as it makes FS alive. Unfortunately I am not able to add just few flights from reall life and give them priority 1%, and here on the forum I am feeling like totaly stupid, when I need to ask for basic help, cos manual is very long , but in fact very poor.

Oh Yes and addon "MT Live" - lost money for nothing.

One joke on the end of story:
As info about MT Live in online shop is heavily untrue [misleading in the least], maybe this one "Note that this service will only work with MyTraffic Professional Version 5.4 - No Refunds!" could be untrue as well...? Can they do refund? Better I can send 20 E to some charity. My Traffic Live is not worth any cent...

Cheers
Eddie

#6 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I will close this topic, because it leads nowhere. I have shown that your points are mostly absurd, but it looks like I'm not able to explain things in detail so that they are understood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket