The simFlight Network Forums

FS9.exe with another name

Hi Pete,

I have the latest version of FSUIPC for FS2004 (3.999s).

When i start the regular fs9.exe it works perfectly, but when i start the FS2004 executable with another name (for example fs339.exe), it seems that is not updated and it is not the same.

It's so frustrating because in the original .exe i use the profiles for the aircrafts instead in the modified .exe i have to use the "Aircraft specific".

There's a way to use the original .exe fsuipc's settings in the modified .exe?

Regards

Fabio

Edited by Fabio Anzalone

You need to also rename a copy of your FSUIPC.ini file and if this is a registered version, you

also nee to rename a copy of your key file.

I have multiple named copies of my FSX.exe file so that I have multiple CFG files tailored

for the particular types of aircraft I wish to fly or the region I am flying in or whether I am

going to fly on one of two different MP servers.

As long as the ini and key file names match the exe file name, it should work with no

problems.

What your reason for renaming the fs executable?

Because i have modified the fs9.exe file in order to access more memory instead the standard 2Gb, but when i use the Cloud9 MB339, i dont't know why, it crashes so i have to use an unlocked .exe file and i renamed it in fs339.exe.

You need to also rename a copy of your FSUIPC.ini file and if this is a registered version, you

also nee to rename a copy of your key file.

I have the registered version...how can i rename these files? What name is needed?

Thank you.

When i start the regular fs9.exe it works perfectly, but when i start the FS2004 executable with another name (for example fs339.exe), it seems that is not updated and it is not the same.

It's so frustrating because in the original .exe i use the profiles for the aircrafts instead in the modified .exe i have to use the "Aircraft specific".

There's a way to use the original .exe fsuipc's settings in the modified .exe?

That's catered for by having renamed INI, LOG and KEY files. Take a look in the FS9 Modules folder. What FSUIPC files do you see? FSUIPC always uses an INI file and if you didn't rename yours it will have generated another with a name to match your renamed FS9.EXE. All you'd need to do is delete the new one it made and make a renamed copy of your original with the same name. You'll need to do the same with the KEY file too, unless you've already re-registered.

Rather than a name like FS339.exe you should realy choose something like FS9fabio.exe - something appended. It will ake for clearer naming of the other files.

Pete

i have only one FSUIPC.ini and only one FSUIPC.key

What i have to rename? This is my Modules Folder

Ah, sorry. My mistake. The facilities I was talking about (and Gypsy Baron too I think) are for FSUIPC4 in FSX or P3D.

For FS9 please see the Advanced User's guide, the section entitled "Facilities for multiple INI installations" (it's listed inb the Contents list). You need to choose a name for yourself and add it to the FS CFG file (in your case presumably F339.CFG) as shown.

Pete

Than i open FSUIPC.ini and added these lines:

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=FS9.exe /CFG:fscloud9.CFG

Ouch! I don't know how you work that out!

FS9.exe /CFG:fscloud9.CFG is an example of a command line you'd use to load FS9 with a CFG file called FScloud9.CFG.

The ControlName is whatever name you want to give to your FSUIPC.INI file instead of FSUIPC! As I told you, YOU choose!!

I still have the problem and i don't undestand very well the manual.

Please try re-reading it more slowly! ;-)

Pete

Hi Steve,

I have red the manual and i've put the CFG (fscloud9.cfg) in the main FS9 Folder,

Than i open FSCloud9.cfg and added these lines:

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=FSUIPCloud9.ini

It's correct?

Now if i open the original FS9.exe it works perfectly (of course)

but if i open the modified FS9, called Fscloud9.exe, when i open FSUIPC i've the window as is not registered.

339o.png

I also changed and duplicate the FSUIPC.ini and key in FSUIPCloud9.ini and .key but it not works.

Hope you can solve this problem.

Thank you

Hi Steve,

Who's Steve?

I have red the manual and i've put the CFG (fscloud9.cfg) in the main FS9 Folder,

Why? do you want a renamed CFG file for FS9? I don't understand why you'd do this. And the name "FS9cloud" was only an EXAMPLE! And it only applies if you want different CFG files for FS!

Your FS9.CFG is in your <Username>\AppData folder! In your case, because you named your FS "F339.exe" it wil be "F339.CFG". It is in THAT file you add the [FSUIPC] section.

THEN in that section you set "ControlName" to any name you wish -- e.g "Fabio". Not "Fabio.ini". If for some strange reason you want to call it "FS9cloud" then do so.

BUT the section you add MUST be in the FS CFG file actually being used by FS, not in some arbitrary CFG file placed in the wrong folder!!! Such a CFG will never be seen by FS or FSUIPC!

Hope you can solve this problem.

I am starting to think it is too difficult for you. Or maybe it is English which is the problem, but i am sorry, I cannot think of any other way of explaining it. I cannot imagine how you come to all these entirely wrong ways of doing things! :-(

Pete

Hi Pete,

i have 2 Executable file:

Fs9.exe and Fscloud9.exe

Now i also have two .cfg:

Fs9.cfg and fscloud9.cfg

I'm obliged to use two Executable files to start Fs2004 because: 

fs9.exe is unlocked in order to use more than 2GB RAM  

fscloud9.exe i use it ONLY to fly with the Cloud9 MB339 because If i start the fs9.exe and select this Aircraft, it crashes so i must use a different Executable.

That's all.

Now i try to configure as explained and i'll inform you.

I'm Sorry but my brain is limited XDD

i have 2 Executable file:

Fs9.exe and Fscloud9.exe

Ah, not "fs339.exe" as you said earlier?

Now i also have two .cfg:

Fs9.cfg and fscloud9.cfg

Okay, but neither in the FS folder, surely. The operative CFGs are those in the <username\AppData\roaming\microsoft\FS9 folder.

I'm obliged to use two Executable files to start Fs2004 because:

fs9.exe is unlocked in order to use more than 2GB RAM

Why not simply rename the original "FS9orig.exe" so you don't lose it, and call your patched version "FS9.exe". You seem to be making it very complicated for yourself.

Anyway, it is the CFG file actually being used by FS which you need to edit to add the [FSUIPC] section. And the name you provide in there can be any name you choose. If you want to name your INI "fscloud9.ini" then just add

[FSUIPC]

ControlName=fscloud9

This will make FSUIPC create or read "fscloud9.INI", but you will need also to copy the KEY file to "fscloud9.key" otherwsie it will be unregistered, as you found. Also the Log will be called "fscloud9.log".

Regards

Pete