• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Gardner

Jay Gardner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Michael Greenblatt from FS-GS passed away last night from a 4 month battle with cancer.

He devoted his every waking moment to helping others with their flight sim problems, and literally 1000's are in his debt for making their simmimg experiance what it is today.

Love him or hate him, he was a pillar of this community and will be sorely missed..

Go with the angels Mike, all flights wil be smooth now

#2 Nick Churchill

Nick Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationLancashire, UK

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the update Jay, It's been a long time since we talked, but Mike was a great guy and passionate about flight sim.

My condolonces go to his family.
Nick Churchill

#3 Taurus

Taurus

• new Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

This is a great loss for the Flight Sim Community.

I met Michael 2 years ago now. I was transitioning from another online community that had closed it's doors. Jay got me pointed in the right direction, and Michael 'fixed' my installation... What started as a gruff, introduction when he saw my desktop, turned into a friendship as I stopped fussing with his changes and just went with it. When we were finished setting up my computer, my world of FSX changed dramatically. A few upgrades later, and overclocking my new system 125% it was running rock solid. My FSX exerience was better than ever before.

I will miss the flights with Michael and the friendly banter between the group of us who flew almost every day. It has been about a year since the last time I was able to fly with the group, and it will seem that much more empty when I am able to get back to flying more regularly.

RIP Michael. Fair skys and smooth landings.

#4 Fly2e

Fly2e

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

I met Michael back in 2002... We became very good friends once I cracked his shell. Spent many hours on the phone and it wasn't about the flight sim all the time. Have not spoke to him in a few years but my condolences go out to him and his family.... Fair skies Michael....
Posted Image
Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor 965 4x 3.2GHz/8MB L3 Cache, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Intel X58 Chipset
CrossFire & SLI Supported, 6 GB DDR3-1866 Triple Memory Module Corsair, eVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285.

#5 eposone

eposone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Rest in peace Michael ,where ever you are now, we had a blast together, always!
we will miss you....
my deepest condolences to you and your families!

Regards, Stephan from the Maldives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket