The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

Never had a problem for years,but this time i do.I had to re install the FS9 and the FSUIPC is installed but i cant register it .It does not allow me .All it says is THE REGISTER FSUIPC USE THE INSTALLER. Never had that problem before,and the one time when i did get to enter a my registered key # it says wrong #. I do have the order # and id # when i purchased the FSUIPC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,Nebojsa

Never had a problem for years,but this time i do.I had to re install the FS9 and the FSUIPC is installed but i cant register it .It does not allow me .All it says is THE REGISTER FSUIPC USE THE INSTALLER

Sounds like it is the first time you've bothered to update your copy of FSUIPC for many years, as for years all registrations have been entered in the Installer. Please read the Installation and Registration guide included in the ZIP file.

Never had that problem before,and the one time when i did get to enter a my registered key # it says wrong #. I do have the order # and id # when i purchased the FSUIPC.

All parts - name, email and key -- must be EXACTLY correct and as originally confirmed, even if you've changed them since. If you have a valid registration and it isn't accepted you are making a mstake.

Regards

Pete

Hello, New to Forum and would like to ask why i cant get the mouse macro working on the default 737? It is not working no matter what i click on.... The green window never appears.

Running Fsx, Win7 64, Any ideas? I have built an overhead and want to assign the hyd pump switches.

Thank you

Haydn.

I should have explained a bit better.I have had to reintall FS9 3-4 times over the years due to viruses and other issues.And every timeit it was straight forward when it came to reinstall the FSUIPC.

Install, start the game, click FSUIPC and register.That is how i did it last time and that was last year.

Not this time ,so it must have changed.

I have downloaded the FSUIPC 3.999 version installed I think that is how many nines it has

When i oppened the FSUIPC in the game it says THE REGISTER FSUIPC USE THE INSTALLER

I read the manual and and i am looking at that istallation installation and i get cofused.

Hey i am 74 so any step bye step pointers would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello, New to Forum and would like to ask why i cant get the mouse macro working on the default 737?

Because mouse macros only work on gauges which have been written in C/C++ to the rules of the Microsoft Gauge SDK. Pretty much nothing Microsoft provided followed these rules.

I have built an overhead and want to assign the hyd pump switches.

Why are you trying to use mouse macros for things for which standard FS controls are available? The three switches are operated by the "Hydraulic Switch Toggle" control with a parameter of 1 (ENG1), 2 (ENG2) and 3 (ELEC). Just assign to those controls with those parameters.

To find out what controls (if any) are associated with each switch and dial in an aircraft, enable FSUIPC's event logging. It you run FSX in Windowed mode (temporarily) and enable FSUIPC's console log, you can see the results in real time.

BTW, when posting a new question it would be best to do so in a thread with an appropriate title. Adding it to an existing thread simply entitled "FSUIPC" will be unlikely to get any other folks who might have a better answer rading your question.

Regards

Pete

Install, start the game, click FSUIPC and register.That is how i did it last time and that was last year.

Not this time ,so it must have changed.

It changed MANY years ago. There has been no way to register from within FS itself for years. The version you installed last year must already have been several years old.

When i oppened the FSUIPC in the game it says THE REGISTER FSUIPC USE THE INSTALLER

Correct.

I read the manual and and i am looking at that istallation installation and i get cofused.

Why? There are even pictures showing you what to do!

Hey i am 74 so any step bye step pointers would be appreciated.

Just run the Installer (again). When it asks you to register, enter the details. That part is IDENTICAL to the way it would have happened in the very old versions inside FS!!!

And why is being 74 a problem? I am 69 and I hope to still be doing this stuff when I am 5 years older!

Pete

Now it is telling me Sorry,this Key is not a valid 12-character Key.

It will say that if any part of your entry is wrong. You are making a mistake! Maybe you are trying to use an FSUIPC3 key in FSUIPC4, or vice versa? Or you are spelling your name differently? Or your email?

If all of that is 100% correct then it is certainly an invalid key.

I'm afraid I cannot check for you because you are using a fake name here, and I cannot use it to look you up in SimMarket. But you can open your account in SimMarket yourself, and check the details you should be entering.

Pete

Nebojsa is my real first name. I contacted sim market.com . Luckily i still have the order # and id # , will go from there. And i am using FSUIPC for fs9

I can't search by first names. Give me the order number and I can check here.

I just looked at sim market.com . I ordered it 04-April 2006 FSUIPC3 20.00EUR And the registration key is the one i have been using.

The order number is needed. You might be getting the registration key correct, but are you also getting the email address and name exactly as shown in SimMarket? Use cut-and-paste to avoid making an error!

There's been no change whatsoever in the way the Registration is checked, not since Registrations were first started in 2003. The code to do it has simply been moved into the Installer, because that has more privileges and with changes to security in Windows this step was made necessary.

Every time this problem has occurred it has been a mistake in the details entered.

[LATER]

I searched all orders on 04-April-2006. Luckily only about 10 for FSUIPC3. Your order number was 240619, but unfortunately, at that time, the database I can access did not store the Key.

I now have your name, as in the order, and email, as in the order. fI you send all the details (all three parts) you are trying to use, to me at petedowson@btconnect.com I will cross-check them here. Do not post such details here. However, please find the FSUIPC.LOG file (in the FS Modules folder) and paste the whole of that here, in a reply, or, if you prefer, ZIP it and attach it to your email.

Regards

Pete

I am trying to assign a switch to engine deice on the default 737 (cant afford ifly yet!) in the console view i see it sends eng-1 and eng-2 with the switch! How can i do this?

I seem to have answered this already in another thread. Why are you appending the same question to multiple threads? Wouldn't it be better to create a new one for a new subject.

I will only answer once, so please see your earlier version.

Pete