The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Offsets for FSUIPC

Hallo Pete,

I'm the developer of FSSymphony. FSSymphony acts as Interface between PoKeys56E interface devices and MS flight simulator. Based on user demands FSSymphony developed to much more than pure interfacing of signals to the flight simulator and vice versa. Internal logic is providing gate signals and preprocessed values for user convenience. In order to make gate signals and values availbale I need a reserved range of FSUIPC offsets. For the time being a range of 32 offsets should be sufficient. Would be great if you could reserve such a range of offsets for FSSymphony.

Thanks in advance!

Ruediger

contact. ruediger.ebert@flying-the winglets.de

visit: http://www.flying-the-winglets.de

I'm the developer of FSSymphony. FSSymphony acts as Interface between PoKeys56E interface devices and MS flight simulator. Based on user demands FSSymphony developed to much more than pure interfacing of signals to the flight simulator and vice versa. Internal logic is providing gate signals and preprocessed values for user convenience. In order to make gate signals and values availbale I need a reserved range of FSUIPC offsets. For the time being a range of 32 offsets should be sufficient. Would be great if you could reserve such a range of offsets for FSSymphony.

No problem. When you say "for the time being" do you imply that you may expand in future? If so wouldn't it be best to determine your long-term need so it can be allocated contiguously? Say 64 bytes?

Let me know a realistic size and I'll respond with the allocation I can provide.

Regards

Pete

:-). Thanks for offering more bytes than requested. Probably I was too shy asking for a larger offset range ;-). For the current development schedule a range of 32 bytes would be sufficient. However as FSSymphony is getting more advanced in future version a larger range might be required. Would be great to have 64 bytes, that should cover the need for the future.

Thanks!

Best regards

Ruediger

• 2 years later...

Hi Pete,

due to some additional feature of the upcomming Version 3 of FSSymphony I need a additional offset range of 128 Byte, mainly required for an offset range of 80 bytes for a 4x20 LCD display.

Thanks in advance!

Ruediger

due to some additional feature of the upcomming Version 3 of FSSymphony I need a additional offset range of 128 Byte, mainly required for an offset range of 80 bytes for a 4x20 LCD display.

Hmm. Getting very tight these days. Would you ever envisage FSSymphony being used on X-Plane with XPUIPC? If not then you could share part of its dedicated area, 6F00 - 6F7F. Let me know.

Pete

Hi Pete,

X-Plane is not one of the target patforms. I can use the range 6F00 - 6F7F. No Problem. Hopefully no other software will use this range too. Meanwhile FSSymphony has more that 200 registerd users and I'm limited in spare time to give support if unexpected things are happen.

Ruediger