The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Yoke keeps disconnecting from FSX with FSUIPC on windows 8 pro

Hi,

I have a problem with the fsuipc installed on fsx. i had windows 7 about 2 weeks ago. everything worked fine until i have upgraded to windows 8.

after that , everytime i try to start a flight, in the beginning the yoke responses correctly, but all of a sudden it disconnects from fsx!! it means that the FSX doesn't see the Saitek Yoke and Saitek Rudder in CONTROLLER TYPE in the CONTROLS settings ( in fsx ). I know that the yoke and the rudder is still connected to the computer and function, because when i check the Joystick Settings in the Control Panel of the windows 8, i see that i can move them and they respond to my movements. but in fsx, they are unresponsive. if i close fsx and then re-run it, the problem goes but again after a while it becomes unresponsive again.

please help me find a solution to this problem

Thanks

Shahdad

I have a problem with the fsuipc installed on fsx. i had windows 7 about 2 weeks ago. everything worked fine until i have upgraded to windows 8.

after that , everytime i try to start a flight, in the beginning the yoke responses correctly, but all of a sudden it disconnects from fsx!! it means that the FSX doesn't see the Saitek Yoke and Saitek Rudder in CONTROLLER TYPE in the CONTROLS settings ( in fsx ). I know that the yoke and the rudder is still connected to the computer and function, because when i check the Joystick Settings in the Control Panel of the windows 8, i see that i can move them and they respond to my movements. but in fsx, they are unresponsive. if i close fsx and then re-run it, the problem goes but again after a while it becomes unresponsive again.

please help me find a solution to this problem

Why do you think it is anything to do with FSUIPC? Seems many fost folks who've changed to Win8 are experiencing this. Haven't you seen the threads about it elsewhere? You don't even say whether you are using FSUIPC for your controls or have tried different ways. Some users have gone back to Win7 whilst they await a Microsoft fix.

Regards

Pete

hi, thank you for answering me,

i don't know! it is a sense that saying me it has to do something with fsuipc ( i have the registered version ) and yes i use fsuipc for my switch panel but not my saitek yoke. i don't know what should i do . I am a member of a virtual airliner ( pilotofpersia.com ) and everytime i want to make a flight , it just disconnects and ruin my flight !!!

do you have any suggestion?

i don't know! it is a sense that saying me it has to do something with fsuipc ( i have the registered version ) and yes i use fsuipc for my switch panel but not my saitek yoke. i don't know what should i do . I am a member of a virtual airliner ( pilotofpersia.com ) and everytime i want to make a flight , it just disconnects and ruin my flight !!!

do you have any suggestion?

Not really. As I said, I've seen reports of folks going back to Windows 7 because of this very problem.

Do the switches on your panel get disconnected too? If not, have you tried assigning the yoke through FSUIPC? Maybe it is only FSX which has this Windows 8 incompatibility? If all connections get disconnected no matter what then it is more likely a bug in Win8's DirectX package.

Pete

how should i assign the yoke and the rudder functionality to fsuipc? i use it only for switch panel, how should i ddo for yoke and rudder?

Er, how did you find out how to use it for switches yet not for axes? I don't understand!

Buttons and switches are assigned in the Buttons and Switches tab, Axes are assigned in the Axes tab. Have you never seen that?

In the FSUIPC Documents folder you'll find an FSUIPC4 User Guide. There's a complete Chapter in there about Axis assignment.

Pete

i have done this using mouse macro and it works like a charm!

Sorry, what "works like a charm"? Sorry, you've lost me there.

my question is , if after i assign the yoke and rudder in fsuipc, yoke and rudder lose connection to fsx, do they also lose connection to fsuipc or not?

I don't know. I don't use any USB connected controls, mine are PFC serial port devices controlled by my own driver. Since I have no idea why Windows8 is losing the connection, and I will not be updating to Win8 in any case (Win7 is serving me very well indeed and I'm not about to mess up a seriously good setup), I cannot advise you. I simply don't understand why you've not even tried!

If you browse the threads where others have this problem you will see that no one has found a solution. but I really don't know what they've tried. As I said, some are simply going back to Win7 until Microsoft fixes the problem.

Regards

Pete

i have assigned all the yoke and rudder axises to fsuipc, and it worked even when then yoke and rudder lose connection to the FSX!!!, thank god

the only problem i have now is that, as you know, for rudder if you press the left or right toe it loses brake instead of braking!! i mean that if you don't push the rudder toes, they are as if it is pushed !( i mean it brakes ) in fsx controller setup i configured this problem by using the REVERSE option if front of the joystick assignment. how can i do that in FSUIPC??

thanks for your help PETE

i have assigned all the yoke and rudder axises to fsuipc, and it worked even when then yoke and rudder lose connection to the FSX!!!

That's good news, and rather unexpected. seems that FSX doesn't operate its DirectInput in exactly the same way as FSUIPC after all.

the only problem i have now is that, as you know, for rudder if you press the left or right toe it loses brake instead of braking!! i mean that if you don't push the rudder toes, they are as if it is pushed !( i mean it brakes ) in fsx controller setup i configured this problem by using the REVERSE option if front of the joystick assignment. how can i do that in FSUIPC??

Use the REV option in the calibration tab. You ARE calibrating the axes aren't you? You are rather wasting FSUIPC's capabilities if you don't. Please check the User Guide. I suggest you follow the steps given to successful calibration.

Regards

Pete

Hi guys, I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64 and my Logitech G940 system (joy+throttle+pedals) works great within FSX.

I install FSUIPC (latest version) and my G940 disappears after some minutes, using both default and payware aircraft.

I search the net for a fix and I find a solution: you need to set the compatibility mode for FSX by select WINDOWS XP SP3.

In my case the problem goes away!

I'm using Windows 8 about from one week now (I need to install and test it due to my work) and I don't think it's so "bad" like someone say.

I'm in doubt with the new START INTERFACE... not so good in a business environment.

Bye, Max

Hi max,

I had read that compatibility solution. In fact at first i thought that the solution was thesame asyou did. But actually after some minutes, it loses connection again. It just increases the time before disconnection.

But after i assigned the yoke and the rudder in FSUIPC, the problem never returned again. Even after in the control menu of the fsx, in the controller type droplist, the joysticks can't be seen anymore and there is only a MOUSE YOKE option.

For sure , this the only 100% working solution for this problem ( because i have tried all the other solutions ) and you should have a registered version of fsuipc to use assigning options.

Regards,

Shahdad

Hi pete,

I have another question,

I flown using the assigned axises in fsuipc. The problem is the brakes ( left and light toe of the rudder ) are just so harsh!!

Before ( when i was in windows 7 and i didn't have this problem ) when i was using the brakes they worked so smoothly. say that when i was pushing the left or right toe of the rudder, if i pushed a little , it had less impact in braking . If i was pushing harder, the harshness of the brakes would be increased. Also for the rudder (for going left and right on ground) , it worked so fluently before. Now if i want too go right or left, in acts so quickly and so unnatural.

Thanx in advance

Shahdad

The problem is the brakes ( left and light toe of the rudder ) are just so harsh!!

Before ( when i was in windows 7 and i didn't have this problem ) when i was using the brakes they worked so smoothly. say that when i was pushing the left or right toe of the rudder, if i pushed a little , it had less impact in braking . If i was pushing harder, the harshness of the brakes would be increased. Also for the rudder (for going left and right on ground) , it worked so fluently before. Now if i want too go right or left, in acts so quickly and so unnatural.

You need to calibrate more carefully, that is all. FSUIPC is not doing anything differently to FS. And always leave a dead zone at the start where the brakes do not operate, so they don't come on accidentally when using the rudder. Calibrate the full braking position with the predals pressed firmly so you do not waste any of that further movement. You can easily adjust the way the brakes apply pressure by using the Slope facility. Choose a slope with a flatter start and and increase later if you think they bite too early. That is exactly what that facility is for. You are not exploring the facilities which FSUIPC offers yet, are you?

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you calibrated BEFORE selecting "REV" you need to "reset" both and do t all again. Press Set, then REV, THEN calibrate. Otherwise the numbers being used will be wrong!

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
hi, THANKFULLY it worked!!!!!

Shahdad, Sorry can you please clarify what "worked"?

I have suddenly started experiencing this problem and am looking for a solution that does not involve going back to Win7. On Tuesday I completed a 1.5hr flight with no problems and now (on Friday) I can't even get through a preflight without the saitek controllers (yoke, pedals and extra quadrant) from disappearing from FSX. I too don't understand how this has become a problem when I have been running Win8 Pro since the start of November with no issues.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it`s FSUIPC. Why?. Youn can disable selective USB in Power Options AND in USB Root Hubs in device Manger. It works perfect in all other Games and Applications.

Sorry, I don't follow any logic at all in what you are saying. In any case, FSUIPC uses standard Windows DirectInput calls, same as FS, and folks report the same problems without FSUIPC in FSX. It's some problem with Windows 8 and certain joystick drivers.

Pete