The simFlight Network Forums

How to RUN ivap external with FSUIPC.ini?

Hello,

i have the IVAPv2 for FSX installed on the FSX PC. The Gui of the IVAP is running on a network PC.

Now i have always first to start the IVAP on the FSX PC and the the GUI on the network PC. ( i think you know how this works )

Now, i had a look in the Properties of the IVAPv2 Link the get the Path and File which runs the IVAP on the FSX PC.

Here i found this :

"C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

Now i entered this in the FSUIPC.ini at the end:

[Programs]

Run1="C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

but it wont work.

In the FSUIPC log file i found this:

2932 FS UNC path = "\\WIN7_PC1\FSX2\"

4446 FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll" [Error=267]

4446 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

Can you pls. help what i have to do here?

Ps How can i test the entrie when the FSX is running or must i restart the FSX for every test?

Thanks

Matthias

Edited by mroschk

Run1="C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

but it wont work.

Hmmm. Probably to do with the spaces and the two sets of "". I'm not sure the "" help with the parameter. I would very strongly suggest installing IvAp to a decent top-level folder, like C:\Ivap, then use:

Run1=C:\Ivap\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IvAp\ivap_fsx.dll

Ps How can i test the entrie when the FSX is running or must i restart the FSX for every test?

FSUIPC only looks at the Run commands during initialisation.

Regards

Pete

• 4 years later...

hi Pete,

i tried this line as suggest to you but IVAP dont work:

[Programs]
RUN1=READY,CLOSE,D:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
RUN2=READY,CLOSE,C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.exe
RUN3=READY,CLOSE,C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\MADDOG2008\MDCP.exe
RUN4=READY,CLOSE,C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll

in the meantime was found other solutions?

many thanks

SImone

17 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

[Programs]
RUN1=READY,CLOSE,D:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe
RUN2=READY,CLOSE,C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.exe
RUN3=READY,CLOSE,C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\MADDOG2008\MDCP.exe
RUN4=READY,CLOSE,C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll

Better to put " around the pathnames, especially if they have spaces, like so:

RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"D:\Program Files (x86)\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe"
RUN2=READY,CLOSE,"C:\OpusFSI_v5\FSISERVER.exe"
RUN3=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\MADDOG2008\MDCP.exe"
RUN4=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

The IVAP entry is NOT for a program at all! You have given the name of a DLL. DLL's are libraries which are USED by programs. You need the name of the EXE there, the program you can actually run to start IVAP.

Pete

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

the exe file is name by dll host.exe

If you start IVAP manually, is that what you run?  You can't run a DLL directly, at all.

Whatever it is you use to start it (I assume you've used it before?) that is what you need to point to to get FSUIPC to start it. Basically it is only doing the same as you.

Pete

because i have a full projector system if i launch Ivap from the menu is a disaster because i dont have a mouse on the client pc and i need to launch ivap automatically.

But seem impossible because is a dll e not exe. Nobody have tried with success to launch this application???

Pete can you replicate the issue?

Simone

3 hours ago, sisoffi said:

because i have a full projector system if i launch Ivap from the menu is a disaster because i dont have a mouse on the client pc and i need to launch ivap automatically.

But if you can launch the program from a menu, you can surely launch it automatically. just find out what the menu item is doing. Launching a DLL is not possible, DLLs are LIBRARIES, not PROGRAMS, and cannot run by themselves! I keep telling you this and you ignore me!

3 hours ago, sisoffi said:

Pete can you replicate the issue?

What "issue"? Not being able to run a library because a library isn't a program? What do you expect me to try?

I don't use IVAP and know nothing about it. Why don't you ask on an IVAP site? t isn't anything to do with any of my software. You only need the proper program name.

Pete

55 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

Looking at the RUN4 line, it looks like he's using a version dllhost.exe to execute the DLL, which does look valid.

Aha! In that case it' might be the "" in the wrong place. Perhaps the line should be:

RUN4=READY,CLOSE,C:\IVAO\"IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll

I just feed the stuff after the last comma to Windows. Maybe it was my fault earlier -- I put "" round the lot!  If so, Sorry Simone. Please try the above.

Pete

4 hours ago, sisoffi said:

now ivap is launched but we have a error message:

Hmm. Strange. Maybe the parameter for the EXE must be included inside the quotes ("") after all, but that didn't work for you.

I'll check into what is going on. Maybe the what I've implemented the facility doesn't support command-line parameters, but I'm sure they've been used before.

I'll have to get back to you -- sorry, but due to other pressures it may not be till the weekend.

[Later]

I just checked. It should have worked the way to had it before. This is from the FSUIPC Advanced Users guide:

If the program needs command-line parameters these can be included by enclosing the whole value in quotes, so that the space(s) needed don't cause problems. You may also need to include the quotes if the pathname includes spaces.

For example: Run2="c:\epic\loadepic fs98jet"

I'm sure it used to work, and should now, but I'll check it here by or over the weekend.

Pete

On 4/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Pete Dowson said:

I'm sure it used to work, and should now, but I'll check it here by or over the weekend.

I've tested with several different formats and with several different programs, and this form:

RUN4=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

should most certainly work, provided the EXE program can be found and the parameter provided is correct. The whole program pathname including the parameter (i.e. everything in the "" above), but without the "", is submitted to Windows via the CreateProcess function.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, sisoffi said:

now ivap is launched but we have a error message:

This implies that the program pathname is okay. So I researched further. 

It seems Windows needs the program path to be one space-delimited parameter.  Else, for each space it tries to find an executable file. In the case above it will try:

C:\IVAO\IvAp.exe

before

C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe

and then, if Ivap.exe loads, it will give it parameters 

v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll

In my testing this morning it seems that, although I was using paths with spaces (and more that one!), the EXE names it came up with all failed to find a file UNTIL it had the whole intended program name.

So, I think the problem all along was bad luck and you have a file C:\IVAO\IvAp.exe (or another executable file named IvAp in the same folder).

It seems Windows needs this:

"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll

but FSUIPC strips off the ""!

I think this dates back to when FSUIPC was using the WinExec function instead of CreateProcess. The WinExec allowed separately specified parameters.

So, I fixed it. You'll need to download and install 4.966 when I upload it -- it will be here and on the Schiratti site -- withing the next hour or so. Change to line to that just above and you should be good to go.

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank for your work. i dont understand if need to use one or another line in fsuipc. In any case i tried both and:

1 _ RUN4=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"
with prepar3D open dont start nothing and no errors

2 _ RUN4=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll (i think thisi is your referrral when you said "change to line to that just above....)

when prepar ready see an ivap -DLL Hoster error Failed to  load the specified DLL, please verify if IVAP is installed correct. Error126.

all the path and root are verified and all DLL and exe are the same names correctly.

The only thing i think is the appdata/roaming/p3d DLL. Is correct to have :

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>IvAp</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll</Path>
        <Commandline></Commandline>
    </Launch.Addon>

or need to leave it?

many thanks

ivap.png

Pete,

i've resolve in this moment tryng to make "" in some diferent points:

RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

this is the line work with fsuipc 4966.

now ivap start at ready and close with p3d.

one only thing i note in the addon menu i have Start IVAP and Ivap Hide/show but not create problems i see..

many thanks Simone 

2xivap.jpg

1 hour ago, sisoffi said:

i've resolve in this moment tryng to make "" in some diferent points:

RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"
this is the line work with fsuipc 4966.

now ivap start at ready and close with p3d.

Well, the need for "" around the parameters (presumably because of the space in the DLL path) must only be because of how it is processed by the dllhost EXE. surely, then, you must use the "" around the parameter when you run IvAp normally? The EXE will get the whole parameter, but if it uses the standard Windows command-line parameter method then the space will split it into 2 parameters, not 1. The quotes make it one.

Really most of the problems with this have been simply because of the space in the folder name "IvAp v2". It's a really bad idea to have spaces in folder names. I avoid them when I can.

Pete

• 5 months later...

Hi Pete,

I'm using FSUIPC5 and I have the bug NO DLL TO BE loaded as per sisoffi screenshot.

I've tried to put the "", and only one at the beginning and the end but it doesn't change anything. Is it normal ?

Below my line (IVAO installed in my P3D v4 folder) :

RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

If I put RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll" nothing happens

If I put RUN1=READY,CLOSE,C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll nothing happens

Do you have any idea ?

FSUIPC Version = 5.112

Thanks for your help

Regards,

On 9/17/2017 at 3:22 PM, christian83 said:

Do you have any idea ?

No. The quotes needed when there are spaces in he pathname are really annoying.  Something like this should really work:

RUN1=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_dllhost.exe" "C:\Prepar3D v4\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx.dll"

but it might be that Windows only gives me the first part.(INI files are handled by a Windows API).

In my system I always take great care to only use folder names with no spaces.

Doesn't the FSUIPC5.LOG show what it reads and what the error is?

On 9/17/2017 at 3:22 PM, christian83 said:

FSUIPC Version = 5.112

5.121a is not the current supported version.

Pete