#1 TaipanX

TaipanX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUpside Down

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hi
I'm getting repeated Gridlock and Runway incursions at LSZH where Taxiways E and F cross RWY10/28. Aircaft are not holding short and try and cross in both directions on E at the same time causing a huge traffic jam. Is this a problem with how MTX is programmed, a scenery problem (I use Aerosoft LSZH) or just a limitation of FSX and AI traffic management?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Chris

#2 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,423 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you use any addon airport, everything that happens between start of descent and climb after takeoff is programmed in the airport.

#3 TaipanX

TaipanX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUpside Down

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

If you use any addon airport, everything that happens between start of descent and climb after takeoff is programmed in the airport.

I've just tried it with default scenery and whilst the a/c hold short when crossing RWY10/28 gridlock still occured frequently. I tend to think that LSZH is just one of those airports where it is very difficult to simulate and correctly manage the runway configurations. I know in real life it's a nightmare so I doubt it's possible to achieve anything workable in a simulation. I saw landings on RWY32 which in real life never happen. There were also repeated *simultaneous* take-offs on RWY28 and RWY34. I think I'll pick another airport which has a more conventional runway, taxiway and terminal layout for my virtual spotting.

#4 Burkhard

Burkhard

Product Support

• Moderators
  • 14,423 posts
  • LocationIn front of my computer

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I think in principle this could be done properly in a simulation - but in a professional simulation that costs 10 000€ per airport and month. and not a tiny part of a cheap game written by Microsoft. Just reduce traffic density slider to what your airport can handle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket