#1 himmelhorse

himmelhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Pete,

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC 93998j and WideFS both of which I have had for a considerable time and not used, other than for programs that require FSUIPC and do so undetectably.

I am currently running a system for FS2004 using 7 Monitors on 1 PC (3 x VGA cards), but I am going to build a cockpit and use a second networked PC with two more monitors. (5 on 1st PC and 4 on second PC).

Will WideFS allow me to undock screens from PC1 to PC2 and use mouse to click on and manipulate the second PC monitors.
Is WideFS an alternative to MaxiVista or is that programme essential for the second networked computer.

My intention is to build the cockpit around the FeelThere Phenom 100 aircraft or at least any twin jet and using a Garmin 1000 glass cockpit. with a separate FMC from friendly panels.

I do not know whether this is appropriate or not but I am looking at Project Magenta and Mindstar software. Are you able to give me advice on which is the better system.

I am further considering using FSUIPC for my Saitek flight controllers (yoke/quadrant, pedals, 2 x extra quadrants and the Cessna trim wheel, and I am having a few problems setting that up but that can be covered in a later post.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated

Happy New Year to all

Tony C.

#2 himmelhorse

himmelhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hello to all,

Can anyone help me with this one?????

TonyC

#3 Ian P

Ian P

Grumpy Old Mod

• Administrators
  • 5,373 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the middle, UK.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hello Tony,

Sorry. I didn't see this one or I would have replied earlier.

WideFS only allows programs to communicate across a LAN, not displays. You can run external gauge programs across WideFS, but not undock panels or put displays across multiple panels using it.

I'm not a Project Magenta user so cannot directly comment on what modules it uses to communicate, but that would be the type of thing that will talk across WideFS.

Hope that helps.

Ian P.
Posted Image

#4 himmelhorse

himmelhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Ian P,

It certainly does help although in a negative way. It looks like MaxiVista is a must have for my application.

Thanks for your reply and help. Very much appreciated

TonyC

#5 John Fee

John Fee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

If you are set on FS2004, WideVIew would be worth a look (excuse the pun) ;-)

http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm

But, if you would consider FSX or better still P3D, Opus offers sophisticated network support. Although FS9 is still my preferred simulator, if I was embarking on a cockpit project I would seriously consider P3D or FSX.

http://www.opussoftw....uk/opusfsi.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

About simFlight - simflight.com - simflight.de - simflight.fr - simflight.nl - simflight.pt - simflight.es - simflight.it - simflight.jp - simrussia.com - simMarket