The simFlight Network Forums

Set a number of repeats ?

Is there a way to specify a number of repeats a control will be sent?

I want to set an axis to send controls to FSX ( F2 or Throttle Decr )..

I can set up to 10 range entry points, but a single event doesn't have enough range. and if I set

to repeat the control I get max reversers... I am looking for a more variable control.. such as

when I press F2 and stop the reversers stop moving.

Apologies for the delay in replying. As announced, I have been away on holidays.

Is there a way to specify a number of repeats a control will be sent?

I want to set an axis to send controls to FSX ( F2 or Throttle Decr )..

I can set up to 10 range entry points, but a single event doesn't have enough range. and if I set

to repeat the control I get max reversers... I am looking for a more variable control.. such as

when I press F2 and stop the reversers stop moving.

Try sending the axis event with the specific parameter values required, or use the FSUIPC Offset inc/dec commands to directly increase of decrease the internal FS values directly by a more suitable value. There's an example in the user manual for this, in that case for trim adjustment. You'd need the FSUIPC SDK to get the offset list.

Otherwise, to do literally what you asked (i.e. make repreats to a specific number and stopped by another action) you'd need to program it in a Lua plug in and assign that.

Regards

Pete